Ideas for a Christmas Beer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ajbj76

Reaction score
Hello, all.

I'm trying to come up with a recipe (extract, w/ steeped grains) for a brew to enjoy over the holidays. I think we'll keg it.

I'm thinking something along the lines of a porter or stout, perhaps chocolate/orange or chocolate/mint?

My wife always has some spices on hand for mulled apple juice (cloves, cinnamon, nutmeg, dried orange peel and dried cranberries), so I wondered about perhaps incorporating some of that mixture. A spiced IPA?

Any suggestions or thoughts? Favourite recipes?

Cheers!

Seriously, I would go with a chocolate malt and dark extract then maybe some peppermint extract in the keg. No more than 3/4 oz, though. That stuff can be pretty strong.

what ever you do get on with it, you are running out of time.

posting after Floppyknockers distracts me , too many mental images, I just hope your female !

I just put on my Xmas ale 2 days ago. It is smelling great in the bucket. I just wanna sit around it and smell it till it is done. Ginger, Vanilla bean, clove and cinnamon. On a nice dark wort... Perfect! :D

Back