iBLOPPER (Platto DIY, or just outside of fermenter alternative til iSpindel/Tilt)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kbaggen

Reaction score
Hi All,
I just wanna promote my free fermentation logger there is a DIY Platto, or just an "outside of fermenter" alternative till iSpindel/Tilt. I posted about it before, but now I guess it is now final. If anyone wish to test and be a beta tester, then please let me know.
iBLOPPER – iot fermentation logger! – Internet of Things Fermentation Logger for Blops pr. Min (BPM), Temperature and gravity (SG) estrimation.

Introduction video:

Building_installig_setup video:

What it is in text-form:
The iBLOPPER is an Arduino device (ESP8266). It monitor your yeast activity by motioning the CO2 blops pr. minute (BPM). Besides BPM, also “Sum blops/L” and temperature is logged. Based on Sum Blops/L indicative gravity estimate is given by polynomial/modelistic approach. It works by placing iBLOPPER on the outside of the airlock, and iBLOPPER then detects the tiny movement the airlock makes at the release of a bubble. Hence, it need placed away from vibrations sources (flamingo mat in cooler or similarly). All data is send iBLOPPER CLOUD, and can be forwarded till Brewfather, Brewersfriend and Ubidtos if needed.

The software can though the “Sum Blops/L” be used to give an indicative SG/rG (reduction in gravity) by polynomial approach. To ensure a reliable SG estimation and to account for the many factors affecting CO2 release the users needs to conduct a midterm “one hydrometer reading” when preferably high kreuzen has just passed and hence re-calculating and updating the polynomial for the current brew by simple maths.

Hence, the idea of iBLOPPER is by simply adding one more hydrometer reading on top of the OG, and the 2 FG measurement we all recommend, this 4th sampling at preferably high kreuzen can tell us something about the speed of fermentation, thus, giving us an indicative estimate of the SG all while we monitor on the outside of fermenter.

How data looks:
U2PA brew: https://bubble-logger.com/line-chart/share.php?Brew_no_id=177
U2PA brew: Brewfather

Seaberry wheat: iBLOPPER - IOT Fermentation logger
Seaberry wheat: Brewfather

Best regards, Klaus

Back