I was druck enough to drink a bud light!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Saturday night was a reunion/50th birthday/retirement party. Roasted pig. (2) 1/2' and (1) 1/4 barrels of Bud Light. I took two growlers, then I drank BL from the kegerator, but that was where all the killer food was. ;)

Hehe thats true...

AHB had a Lone Star Clone for a long time but they took it off...I've still got the recipe sheet around if you're interested :D

I definitely don't go out of my way to drink any BMC but if it's the only option I won't necessarily turn it down. I love good beer but I'm never going to be the beer snob at the party who looks down at all the unenlightened masses and their commercial beer.

Hehe thats true...

AHB had a Lone Star Clone for a long time but they took it off...I've still got the recipe sheet around if you're interested :D

Nah, thanks anyway. I have enough recipies for light beer. I'm partial to
german lagers and have been doing a number of Bitburger and Warsteiner
clones.
Soon be time to try another PU clone. My first attempts didn't quite make the grade. I have a better grasp of what is needed now.

I did some landscaping work recently, and the boss would disappear and show up with a case of Bud. Out of a bottle, it's actually much more like soda water than beer. Refreshing, I guess, but less so than water and boring boring boring. Considering it runs to $38 a case here, and you can get craft beer for $40, it's just not worth it.

$38??? Well, how's the US/Canadian exchange rate these days? Bud and others here will run about $14 - $20 a case, depending on which you get. DFH 60 goes for $35.

It is hard for me to drink a Bud if I am not drunk already, but no matter what, nothing is better than a Lone Star after working or playing all day in the Texas summer sun. Yeah, a glass of water then a wheat or Kolsch would do, but a $3.99 sixer of Lone Star is sooo tasty when its 100+ outside.

My curiosity got the better of me and I bought a 12 pack of steel reserve for$5.
Think it might be the worst beer I ever tried. Half way through a can I relized why it was $5. Great ABV though.
So bud is not that bad.

doooooooooood I used to LIVE on that stuff when I turned 21 :p

I just cant drink Bud. It gives me a nasty headache after a few minutes I can drink Michelob. I prefer Miller high Life over most though . And Genny cream ale just give me gas....:mug:

But we did drink alot of the genny bear balls when we were in College ...

I definitely don't go out of my way to drink any BMC but if it's the only option I won't necessarily turn it down. I love good beer but I'm never going to be the beer snob at the party who looks down at all the unenlightened masses and their commercial beer.

I don't think there's anything wrong with not wanting to drink that beer. I know I am a bit of a snob, but if I want a beer, I want a good beer. I am stuck being a homebrewer and a beer snob and sometimes I pass up my own beer to get things that would take me 2+ years to make. Granted, I have started the process of making such beer, but sometimes you've gotta do it.

I don't think it is bad that I won't drink Bud Light though. I think it sucks. I will politely decline and ask for something else. I don't scoff at people for having it though.

toss in some spicy v-8 and i love a cold coors light. budlight does give me some seriously bad gas. nasty stuff

The only thing I'll use BMC for is an enema...

(not really... I just thought that was funny) I'll have a few of them over the summer if it's ripping hot out with 98% humidity. If they're ice cold they can be refreshing. Out of the three I'm def. a Bud guy. Miller makes me puke... seriously. I could not have a beer for a month, have one Miller and I toss out the technocolor yawn. Something in them just does not like me... and the feeling is mutual.

Think that's bad? I just left a Korean restaurant, where I drank two bottles of Hite. That stuff makes BMC seem like high-end craft brew! :drunk:

I gotta go hit the kegerator, to cleanse that nasty beer from my palate. Great Korean BBQ though!

Ohh no....Not Hite?!?!? Atleast you didn't subject yourself to OB, or *shiver* CASS. Ahhh, that garbage is the WORST beer I have ever tasted in my life. Without the slightest hesitation, I would grab a bud over any Hite, OB, or Cass!!

I hade a bud light lime this weekend. It was at a neighbors party. It tasted like corona with a lime to me. I have to drink some BMC every once in awhile. Tailgates at Michigan State are always Labatt Blue days.

BMC does have it's place. For instance the Sloshball field (wiffle ball where you must have a beer in hand at all times and cannot pass 2nd base without finishing your current and grqabbing a new one [coolers are kept at 2nd]). I'm not going to chug homebrew or any good beer for that matter. It's to expensive and too good to do that to. This is where PBR and Miller lite come in for me. Also if I am at someone's house and they offer me a BMC I will not decline unless it is Natty-esque or budlight. I can drink bud, but BL is too fizzy and bland. Miller and Coors aren't great but they at least have flavor.

I was at a friends lake place this past weekend and it was about 88F outside and he offered me a Miller High Life, not to seem like a beer snob I took one and drank it and to my surprise it actually didn't taste that bad. Might be a good boat beer.

Back