I want to start brewing again...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GrantH

Reaction score
I have brewed a few extracts and an all-grain but have no brewed in about a year or so. My last batch was a chili pepper pale ale that we split in half and added jalapenos and anaheim peppers to one half. It was delicious, but it didn't ferment fully.

Having not done it in a while, I want to pick up an extract kit that I can brew for the coming warmer months. I typically order from Midwest, as I like to support Minneapolis when I can. Can anyone recommend a kit to brew? I'd like an Ale, something with a bit of citrus, and a bit of hops. I don't care much for light malty beers.

Also, is there an online source that you guys go to to learn about brewing aside from this site? I want to learn as I can.

I'm new to this with 5 or 6 brews under my belt now. I usually get feedback from family and friends on the ones I've brewed. My best tasting beer so far was the Amarillo Pale Ale from Midwest. I think it is listed under their specialty kits. I'm sure there are lots of good ones out there but that one turned out the best for me so far.

We loved doing the copper ale, it was really good. I have an all-grain kit but i'd like to hold off on it until I know it will work out well.

I will look at the Amarillo kit.

Northern Brewer has some great kits IMO and makes it very easy to sort by what you're looking for in a beer.

As for reference sites, John Palmer's How To Brew website is pretty much indispensable. There is some dated information, which is corrected in his book, but it's still a great place to learn about the ins and outs of brewing.

HBT also has it's own Wiki, which you can get to from the link at the top of the page. Lots of useful info there also. Hope that helps :mug:

Back