I THINK I turned my chicken into an alcoholic...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cannman

Beer Theorist
Reaction score
So SWMBO has designated the shed as my beer domain (victory, it was full of magazines from 20 years ago, old moth eaten clothes, etc.).

I'm often tasting beer in the shed, pouring off beer from the tap, discarding trub from lagers, etc. most of the run off, I pour out onto the ground.

And this has attracted one particular chicken to the shed.

It drinks/eats (not sure what a chicken does) all of my run off... If I have a bad pour, she's there to drink my pour off...

Well today, I went to check on keg carbonation, and decided to have a brew with breakfast as it was too delicious to pour off... Well this A$$hole chicken pecked me when I didn't pour it out!

So I poured a few ounces in a dish I found outside and used SWMBO's slipper to make a pool of beer.

I'll be looking for the chicken passed out somewhere in the yard later...

View attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1442248545.653096.jpgView attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1442248560.833059.jpg

Omg SWMBO Would be soooo upset if that was dinner...

Now... What if dinner happened BEFORE she discovered...

Nope bad idea... Nope... I'll just never drink alone again, "that chicken is such a light weight; last night, she only put down 1 beer!"

I knew an alcoholic chicken once. You didn't dare set your beer down around him or you would lose it. He'd tip it over and drink it.

Besides that he was just a plain a** hole. Most roosters are IME.

Note on chicken eating: SWMBO has taken this chicken to the vet and it has had antibiotics... There's a warning label for that, right??

My dad used to on purpose get a dog drunk on M/D when the guys came over. i know this dog went thew everything you and i do when we drink. do chicken? i mean damn can you imagine a chicken staggaring around the yard attacking other chickens and gobbling endlessly.

My dad used to on purpose get a dog drunk on M/D when the guys came over. i know this dog went thew everything you and i do when we drink. do chicken? i mean damn can you imagine a chicken staggaring around the yard attacking other chickens and gobbling endlessly.

I can imagine a TURKEY doing that...

;)

beside how many times when youve tied one on have you been accused of speaking in a different language?

Gar, I had to lol at your previous comment. If that chicken keeps it up, you'll see it wearing a doo rag & throwing gang wing signs. She may even start doing drive-by eggings?!...:drunk::D

If you guys want to kill a few (more) minutes of your employer's time, you ought to check out Mike the Headless Chicken. I don't remember how I stumbled on this, but it seems to be completely true.

Mike-LIFEpage1.jpg

Omg SWMBO Would be soooo upset if that was dinner...

Now... What if dinner happened BEFORE she discovered...

Nope bad idea... Nope... I'll just never drink alone again, "that chicken is such a light weight; last night, she only put down 1 beer!"

Have you noticed a difference in the taste of those eggs? Does she lay more? Or less? Just curious.
Regards, GF.

Chicken becoming more aggressive... May have to bust out a barley wine or double IPA for this chick

SWMBO caught me in the act of giving the chicken beer last night. She screamed "omg her liver!!!" I'm not sure if my inquisitive brow or the chickens eye-of-death was more powerful...

"She Fuc*ing NEEDS it..."

She must love the chicken more than you? I didn't hear her worrying about your liver!
Divorce her now and take the chicken with you is my advice!

:p

She must love the chicken more than you? I didn't hear her worrying about your liver!
Divorce her now and take the chicken with you is my advice!
:p

Good point! Life would be awesome with an alcoholic chicken. Especially if it could hold down a job.

She is a solid one egg a day chicken. The only thing it has done is make her more sociable with me. :tank:

You are falling in love with your chicken. It happens I suppose. One egg a day is not gonna support the both of you. Think it through.

You are falling in love with your chicken. It happens I suppose. One egg a day is not gonna support the both of you. Think it through.
This is a good point. Plus after you marry the chicken she'll feel she only has to lay eggs on your birthday and maybe Christmas if you've been a good boy. That's just how it goes.

Back