i think i screwed up the graff

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

saburke17

Reaction score
ok so 1st graff brew or any brew for that fact. started out following the recipe to the mark except i may have screwed up the 60l by a 1/2 pound. it started out at 1.060 give or take that was on 8/9. i took another reading on 8/16 and it was 1.012 i took a taste and it was kind of bitter so i stirred it up and took another reading today and its as 1.011 and still is very bitter/white wine.
did i screw this batch up?
can i fix it
how do i know if it was contaminated?

sean
:(

1 week isn't really enough to judge it on taste yet, especially if you're not used to tasting young beer. Just give it more time.

I recommend HBT to pass the time. :D

how long can i leave it in primary? i am leaving for 2 weeks on thursday. should i swap it to a carboy and fridge it or just leave it in the ferm bucket till i get back? temp will prob be around 72ish degrees while im gone.

You are leaving on thursday the 27th? You could rack it in a few days or leave it until you get back. Either way it will be just fine. I'd probably rack it the day before you leave.

Back