I think i screwed up boiling

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

songe

Reaction score
i got a new induction plate for my BIAB set. And havent used it yet. just the time it took to get it up to 75c i had to add 10 liters of water... After the 60 min boiltime it was not much left. maybe 15 liters. Any recomandations on how to save the worth?

If i place the lid on its just a call for boilovers.

I don't understand. From cool to 75c you should not have been able to measure any loss. You should not really have much if any steam.

What volume did you start with? And what volume were you trying to end up with?

I cut boil off to a minimum by turning down the heat from "HI" where it's blooping out like boiling lava to a gently rolling boil on about "8.8" on the dial. Less boil off that way.

I don't understand. From cool to 75c you should not have been able to measure any loss. You should not really have much if any steam.

What volume did you start with? And what volume were you trying to end up with?

Startet with 25 liters. added 10 more ended up with 15.... tough OG was on the spot i was trying to reach after boil.. Still tough the boil took most of it. maybe boil on lower power setting?

Either lower the setting or take in account your boil off volume and be sure to add that much more water at the beginning of the boil.

Either lower the setting or take in account your boil off volume and be sure to add that much more water at the beginning of the boil.

I have only used this setup two times.. thats why its frustrating... :p

With the 150 liter setup ive been using a few times it only gets a nice roling boil.. and it takes a hell of a lot more time to boil away much there.

Pick a setting where you are getting just a constant rolling at the surface. It does not need to look like a waterfall.

You might to a test to figure out your boil off rate. Fill the pot with 150 degree water then bring to a boil for an hour (or how long you usually boil) then measure the difference. This is how much more you need to start with to end up with the correct amount.

I boil off 2 gallons in an hour so I start with 7 gallons to end up with 5 in the fermenter.

Back