I Think I Have A Pellicle Growing In My Left Lung

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Schlenkerla

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
If I drink a wild beer and either partially choke on it or have it go down the wrong way and snort it out my nose, will I develop bacterial pneumonia or a sinus infection?

I did this last month drinking gueuze. My friend was telling me a joke and I lost control of my epiglottitis. Two days later; sick as a dog; running a fever, congestion and my sinuses are all fvcked up.

A week later I have coughed up stringy white things that look like a soba noodle. - LOL It made me think of a pellicle. I about $hit myself coughing so GD hard to hack the damn thing up.

So far, I have had 10 days of antibiotics (augmentin), followed by another 5 days (z-pack), 15 days of steroid sprays, 10 days of Claritin, Codeine for my cough, and 5 days of Symbacort for shortness of breath and my chest xray shows crap in my left lung. - This $hit ain't working.

So, Million Dollar Question....

Should I do the same thing with Starsan or Iodophor?

I have a glass of Iodophor at the ready. Can you tell me a joke to make it happen again?

Glass-of-water.jpg

Have you tried some pumpkin spice?

No. Not yet.

I was thinking of spraying rubbing alcohol up both my nostrils and lighting it on fire to burn this $hit out.

Works for getting sterile surfaces when you're doing yeast culturing.

Hang in there. If it's still occurring next month, count on our next president to contain it with a drone strike, and Trump to grab you by the ***** to make sure you don't flee.

No. Not yet.

I was thinking of spraying rubbing alcohol up both my nostrils and lighting it on fire to burn this $hit out.

Works for getting sterile surfaces when you're doing yeast culturing.

Whut you need to do is, you take all those meds, you crush them up, and you dissolve them in the Starsan, idophor, isopropyl mix, and then you get one of those e-cigs. You pour the solution into the tank, and you vape that ****. Straight to your lungs. Straight to the root of the problem.

- UPDATE -

Yesterday I was told they don't want plague-boy at work... :mad:

The sent me home (my home away from home - where my frat-boy keezer lives). Apparently you can't hack 527 times a day without scaring your cubicle neighbors.

I told my wife about this. (I work remote 3 hours from home.)

She tells me to make another Dr appointment for Friday, Saturday or Sunday. I call Dupage Medical and talk to the nurse. I tell her that need a follow-up with with Dr OJ Bagwacker (Its his real name - LOL) I've been hacking for 3 weeks. Only breathing out makes me cough.....

The nurse refuses to schedule the appointment!!! She tells me to go to hospital. I'm like really?

Its been three weeks, I'm not dead yet or think I'm dying. I do get all my farting done as I cough.

Wow - Do people over-react!!! bless I still don't have an appointment and I don't want to see local quactor.

Dr Bagwacker thought it was silly that they gave anti-biotics w/o doing chest x-ray.

I've been hacking for 3 weeks.
The nurse refuses to schedule the appointment!!! She tells me to go to hospital. I'm like really?

Its been three weeks, I'm not dead yet or think I'm dying. I do get all my farting done as I cough.

Wow - Do people over-react!!! bless I still don't have an appointment and I don't want to see local quactor.
Do people ignore medical conditions? Yep, up until they get a chance to see my wife at work in the morgue. She says if you weren't dead when ya got to her office, you will be after the autopsy. Would hate to have you end up what she calls OSD (Oh Sh*t Dead).

Do people ignore medical conditions? Yep, up until they get a chance to see my wife at work in the morgue. She says if you weren't dead when ya got to her office, you will be after the autopsy. Would hate to have you end up what she calls OSD (Oh Sh*t Dead).

I saw two Drs a week apart. One of them today. Neither thought I need to be in the hospital. The nurse I spoke to on Wednesday over reacted. Really go to the hospital? They will say I have pneumonia. What will they do? Give me steroids or antibiotic, maybe some more codeine. Then give my large bill for visiting the emergency room.

This can lead to complications that can kill you.
My wife has been with the medical examiners office for 20+ years I know this from experience. Just take care of yourself please.

I am trying to do that. This started as joke. I appreciate your comments.

They took more xrays today and blood.

It feels like a pulled muscle in my lung. Hurts like a motherflocker every time I cough.

Smoke better weed.

I have a nebulizer and I'd take pulmicort. Weed would kill me. Every time I cough it's like repulling a muscle.

BTW - didn't make my three campaign beers... Illness and the death of family member put stop to that drinking plan.

Back