I think I found my soulmate...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nukebrewer

Brew the brew!
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
...but she's not my wife. On the way to the wedding we went to yesterday I remarked to my wife that I was wondering what the chances were of being able to find Heady Topper there. The remark was forgotten about until the after party where the maid of honor had a four pack of it and graced me with one of them. Turns out it's her favorite beer and she drives right by The Alchemist on her way to work every day, which is where she picked it up, so that had to be about as fresh as the general public can get.

As far as the beer goes, that was some damn fine beer. Definitely lives up to the hype. Well done, The Alchemist!

Well if Romney wins it will be fashionable to be a mormon. And then we can all have 3 wives..... Oh hell what am I thinking one is to many.....

Dude you suck! ;) I've been trying to get some and it's really too bad they don't dist. south of their state. Although the guy at the new craft beer place in East Longmeadow, MA called "The Beer Shop" pointed me to Sixpoint Resin. And that was fabulous! (can I say that and still keep my man card?)

According to my man card rule book, "Fabulous" is acceptable when describing:

1: Steak
2: Driving a race car
3: Sleeping with a supermodel
4: A exceptionally good beer

So yeah I think your fine.

Dude you suck! ;) I've been trying to get some and it's really too bad they don't dist. south of their state. Although the guy at the new craft beer place in East Longmeadow, MA called "The Beer Shop" pointed me to Sixpoint Resin. And that was fabulous! (can I say that and still keep my man card?)

Seriously. I've actually been wanting to drive up there to get some. Next time I get a chance I'm going to. My route would take me right through Springfield if you want me to pick you up some.

Except Mormons don't drink.

And they gave up polygamy when Utah became a state.

fundunmenalist still practice polygamy... the jack mormons still have plenty of wifes!!yee-haw
frig'em young, frig'em old, frig'em ALL!!

GD51:rockin:

Lol from the sound of tgis thread hope your wife/girlfriend is not HBT. :)

Jokes on the side I have not heard of this beer. If ur talking sprinfeild Illinois i live about 3 hours upstate.

What is this beer?

Lol from the sound of tgis thread hope your wife/girlfriend is not HBT. :)

Jokes on the side I have not heard of this beer. If ur talking sprinfeild Illinois i live about 3 hours upstate.

What is this beer?

Sorry, Springfield, MA is the one we're talking about. Heady Topper is brewed by The Alchemist in Burlington, VT and is one of the very best IIPAs I have ever had. I think it has only been topped by Captain Lawrence's IIPA, which is also a brew I have only recently tried. There's so many good, but different, things to say about each one.

I missed the Philly Beer Week event where they had a keg of heady topper. :(

then i had a friend who was visiting VT, i sent him on a mission to Alchemist .... SOLD OUT for the day.

I have no luck, i've just accepted that i'll never get to try the heady topper .

Seriously. I've actually been wanting to drive up there to get some. Next time I get a chance I'm going to. My route would take me right through Springfield if you want me to pick you up some.

Dude that would seriously rock... You could stop by "The Beer Shop" (East Longmeadow/Springfield line, just east of I91)! I'm sure Rich (the owner) would love to try some too (not sure if he has) and you could pick up some more hard to find beers and support a great small craft brew store :).

Can we get Captain Lawrence's IIPA around here?

stamandster said:
Can we get Captain Lawrence's IIPA around here?

I got it at a liquor store in Vernon, CT. Haven't seen it anywhere else, but haven't looked for it anywhere else either. There's a website called seekabrew.com that should be able to help you find out if it's available in your area.

I changed my mind. My new soul mate is an old dude I just met who works for a beer wholesaler here in CT. He really knows his ****. He took one sniff of my IPA and told me what I used for aroma hops. We had a lengthy discussion about beer in general, brewing and the status of the American beer industry. Awesome guy.

It's funny. I came to this party in a bad mood because I didn't know anyone and I'm a little on the anti-social side. But now I'm glad I came because I got to meet this guy.

according to a good friend of mine that was a missionary for church of the LSD eerr I mean lds there is a passage in thier majic book that says and I quote sorta right " ye shall drink the fermented tea of barley":ban:

I have decided that Vermont is the new promised land for all things hoppy and wonderful. Was up for a few day mid October for a concert (Primus in 3D) and was ever so lucky enough to drink Hill Farmstead Edward on tap when I got to Burlington, and score a few birthday bottles the next day ( HF Arthur, Lawson's Hopzilla) and then, to top it off, hit The Alchemist on my way back to Mass. It was the best vacation ever!

I will say, the trip put me in crisis, though. I've been lucky enough to have access to Heady on a regular basis, and I love the stuff. Visiting was like going to the holy land. But I think that maybe, just barely, did I like the hopzilla better....

according to a good friend of mine that was a missionary for church of the LSD eerr I mean lds there is a passage in thier majic book that says and I quote sorta right " ye shall drink the fermented tea of barley":ban:

If I'm not mistaken, your quote is from an earlier book.

The ban on beer is derived from this:
http://www.lds.org/scriptures/dc-testament/dc/89?lang=eng

They believe that god is alive and speaks even today, so revisions of church teachings are possible (renouncing polygamy in 1890 for example)

My wife converted to Mormonism about 10 years ago. It's been largely good for her. I'm a confirmed agnostic and have been since we met over 23 years ago. Somehow Sunday has become a big brew day :)

I've told the missionaries when they visit that I'll believe in god the day their church decides it is OK to drink beer--I think it's a fair trade--proof that god exists and wants me to be happy :tank:

I changed my mind. My new soul mate is an old dude I just met who works for a beer wholesaler here in CT. He really knows his ****. He took one sniff of my IPA and told me what I used for aroma hops. We had a lengthy discussion about beer in general, brewing and the status of the American beer industry. Awesome guy.

It's funny. I came to this party in a bad mood because I didn't know anyone and I'm a little on the anti-social side. But now I'm glad I came because I got to meet this guy.

This sounds more like lust than love. At least your previous "soul mate" gave you beer. Did your new significant other give you beer? So fickle.

I had a similar experience last night. One of my gfs dragged me to a party where I didn't know anybody. We walked out to the back yard where the beer was, and a guy says, "What do you like to drink?" And of course, me being a bit of a connoisseur, figured it wouldn't really be polite to randomly name a few beers that this poor guy had never heard of, so I just said, "Well... let's see what you've got..."

We wound up doing a beer sampling throughout the night. I had 3 sours (2 flemish reds, and a oud buin), a Three Floyds IIPA, Three Floyds oktoberfest-type lager, a HobNob, Revolution Anti-Hero, Left Handed Brewing Milk Stout, Maple Bacon Beer, a Coney Brewing Company something or other blood red lager (It was seriously blood red!) and another smoked beer which I don't recall the name of, and a New Glarus Pale Ale. Sooo... wow! Definitely was not expecting that when I agreed to go to the party! I just wish I had known! I definitely would have brought a few of my own!

And I knew I wouldn't remember the names of the beers, so I wisely took pictures of the bottles!

To make it even more awesome... A few weeks ago, my gf and I checked out a local gastropub and wound up having a random conversation with a guy about beers and we swapped a few recommendations. Sure enough, that was the guy pouring the beers at the party. Small world.

I got it at a liquor store in Vernon, CT. Haven't seen it anywhere else, but haven't looked for it anywhere else either. There's a website called seekabrew.com that should be able to help you find out if it's available in your area.

Which store in Vernon? I'm in Manchester and always go to Manchester wine and liquors for thier buxom beer supply.

Which store in Vernon? I'm in Manchester and always go to Manchester wine and liquors for thier buxom beer supply.

Harry's Fine Wine and Liquors. It's right on 83 about a mile or so north of 84.

I love Manchester Wine and Liquors. I was just in there on Sunday and I spent way more than I should have, but not nearly as much as I would have liked. I'm going to make special trip soon, just for the sours.

Harry's Fine Wine and Liquors. It's right on 83 about a mile or so north of 84.

I love Manchester Wine and Liquors. I was just in there on Sunday and I spent way more than I should have, but not nearly as much as I would have liked. I'm going to make special trip soon, just for the sours.

I love the wall with all the worldly beers. Its just a great selection! I have been to table and vine before when I've worked in Springfield but manchester wine and liqours is the best around and only 10 mins from my house. I will have to try Harrys.

I love the wall with all the worldly beers. Its just a great selection! I have been to table and vine before when I've worked in Springfield but manchester wine and liqours is the best around and only 10 mins from my house. I will have to try Harrys.

Harry's doesn't have nearly the selection of MW&L. You might be able to find some things there that MW&L doesn't carry, but I doubt it. My favorite section in MW&L is the one with all the awesome beers for less $3.00. I got Aventinus and Primator Dopplebock there and they were both awesome. I already knew Aventinus was awesome, but I was surprised to find it so cheap.

I was at Table and Vine yesterday to spend my Father's Day gift card. Nice place for beer and hooch.

I'll be picking up some Heady Topper tomorrow.. One of the local packies makes a trip to VT to get it every so often, and swings by to let me know when it's going to be in. It's some VIP stuff - they keep it behind the counter. ;)

I was at Table and Vine yesterday to spend my Father's Day gift card. Nice place for beer and hooch.

I'll be picking up some Heady Topper tomorrow.. One of the local packies makes a trip to VT to get it every so often, and swings by to let me know when it's going to be in. It's some VIP stuff - they keep it behind the counter. ;)

I'll check out Table and Vine next time I'm in the area. Wish I had a HT hook up like yours. It's still worth the 9 hour round trip, though.

Back