I Searched White Stuff In Carboy

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FordForever

Reaction score
I just poured my first brew into the carboy. I used the TrueBrew Pale Ale. It contained dry and liquid extract and some grains. I am waiting for it to cool and I can see white stuff in the wort. It does however appear to be setteling in the bottom of the carboy.

Thanks and I apologize if this is a repost as I am sure it is. I did look at the FAQs and search. Most of the results are people worried about mold. In the picture below, I have not added yeast as I am waiting for the temp to drop a little more. Thanks in advance.

IMAG0082.jpg

Just break material/trub. It will settle out and make a tight cake on the bottom.....probably 1/4 to 1/2 gallon worth. When fermentation wraps up you will see the yeast layer on top of it.

RDWHAHB

Jason

Edit: Get that carboy off the carpet or you may get your a$$ handed to ya. Throw a towel or a bag over it while your at it.

Back