I realized I was hooked when......

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BearsWickedBrew

Reaction score
..I went christmas shopping in the mall with a smack pack squeezed into my jacket pocket because the temperature in the parking garage was below 20 degrees.

I hit the homebrew store first bcuz I was in the area...smacked my 1084 when I got back in my car...and held it close to my chest until I got home about 3 hours later.

& on a more important note! I have 47 bottles carbonating....I have a 1 week old apfelwein in a 5 gal BB...and I just brewed an oatmeal stout....the pipeline is finally comming together...if only I can manage to keep consumption to a minimum.

Happy Brewing!

It's easy -- the pipeline just has to equal or exceed consumption. So if your consumption is high, just increase the pipeline!

btw,

I can just see it now:

Security: sir, what is that in your smack pack
You: don't worry, it's just my Wyeast 1084

I was thinking the same thing when I was hauling around a ton of empty bottles in my truck and was too lazy to take them out.

Cop: have you been drinking?
Me: no, I'm just a homebrewer...

btw,

I can just see it now:

I was thinking the same thing when I was hauling around a ton of empty bottles in my truck and was too lazy to take them out.

haha! Of course I had a couple different scenarios going through my head at the time. I thought sooner or later security was going to approach me and accuse me of shoplifting because I was constantly reaching into my pocket to make sure everything was kosher.

& for those of you who already laughing...thinking of a witty reply...the pocket was over my chest.

btw,

I can just see it now:

I cut a keg to make a keggle just befoore I left work, and, like an idiot, pressed the center button with the keg still upright.... so of course I smelled like I'd consumed all of the beer in the keg as I drove home. I drove a tad slower than normal cause I could just see me beside the road taking a sobriety test if I got pulled over!

Only 48 carbing?? Well, my advice to you is to not make any new friends until your beer supply has far outreached your potential to drink it!

Only 48 carbing?? Well, my advice to you is to not make any new friends until your beer supply has far outreached your potential to drink it!

QFT. My first batch is down to 2 bottles because of friends/gifts to a couple people... My next batch wont be ready for almost another month.

After every party I've been going to lately I leave with tons of empties, sometimes my friends throw them in the front or back seat of my car rather than my hatch area so if I get pulled over I'm screwed.

I knew I was hooked when, after I received my first equipment kit and brewed my first batch, I ordered another equipment kit the next day so that I could get another batch going.

haha yep... I know I'm hooked because I started my first brew six days ago and I already have 5 gallons of lager, 5 gallons of draught and 2.5 gallons of apfelwein brewing... haven't even bottled anything yet... lol

Back