I obviously have a problem

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

muels

Reaction score
Just finished reading HBT for the evening, put the IPad away to go brush my teeth and go to bed. Came back in the bedroom and the TV was on history channel. They happened to be showing a cave opening that leads to a mine shaft.....my first thought; it'd be cool to have something like that to lager in. Happens all the time, my normal first thought is "how could I use that for brewing". Usually it's at the store but it could happen anywhere. I travel for work now and then and always look for cornys and kegs laying around by old barns and sheds. Can't imagine I'll ever find one but it doesn't stop me from obsessively looking. I assume I'm not the only one....the cave on TV was a new first though.

I don't remember his name (and I believe he passed away in the last year or two) but a guy out west (Colorado I think?) had a cave/mineshaft/something like that on his property that he'd taken up as a massive beer cellar. Thousands of bottles IIRC.

Latest posts

Back