I now understand.."relax and have a home brew"

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

afchad

Reaction score
After worrying about my beer from boil to keg....it happened I made a tasty beer. From classic newb worries of no air lock activity, to yeast rafts I thought were signs of infection to what method to carb my beer in keg...I did it!(was the boundry waters wheat from Midwest) Had a neighbor over and had several glasses.....felt very nice when they said "This tastes good" Ive got my next extract kit in the mail...im going to brew Hanks Hefe from Midwest. I now get it...just relax and have a beer!

Exactly. Reading these forums can cause some sort of stress to new brewers; it did for me. I wasn't stressed during my first brew, it was actually the ones after that when I found out how finicky the process could be. What I have learned is in the end, more likely than not, I'll have beer.

:mug: Congrats. Now brew more.

It definitely gets much easier the bigger the pipeline. It is very natural to worry about everything for your first brew. Learning that you will make beer and just letting go is a great thing to learn about this hobby.

Now after many brews, I often don't even check on them for weeks. Guess what? Every time I made beer.

After worrying about my beer from boil to keg....it happened I made a tasty beer. From classic newb worries of no air lock activity, to yeast rafts I thought were signs of infection to what method to carb my beer in keg...I did it!(was the boundry waters wheat from Midwest) Had a neighbor over and had several glasses.....felt very nice when they said "This tastes good" Ive got my next extract kit in the mail...im going to brew Hanks Hefe from Midwest. I now get it...just relax and have a beer!

Congrats! I was the same way with my first one. When it came out tasting great (with some mild fusel off-flavors from a hot fermentation), I was through the roof happy!

Back