I need help with a CO2 leak

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

indymedic

Reaction score
So I had a leak, lost a half a tank. After trouble shooting it I found my leak in the barb connector that comes off of the regulator. The flared washer didn't seat right and got crushed.

So I fixed this issue and to verify My leak is fixed I have everything back together and I pressurized the system. I set my line pressure at 10 psi and turned off the tank and left it over night. This morning I checked. And my line pressure is still at 10 psi my tank pressure gauge shows low but it is in the fridge(it will be out soon I just ran out of tubing).

So I guess my question is. With my line pressure set and my tank off and the fact that my line pressure is holding that means my gas system is leak free right.

Thanks

Sounds like you fixed your leak if it's still holding pressure.

Great. That's all I needed just one person to confirm That im not making Tonga up. Im just a little paranoid because I don't want to lose a tank again.

Great. That's all I needed just one person to confirm That im not making Tonga up. Im just a little paranoid because I don't want to lose a tank again.

You need a second, backup tank. Once you have that obviously you aren't going to be out of luck if you lose one--and, with that spare tank you can use it for things like filling bottles using counterpressure with a bottling wand, purging Star-San out of a keg (and into another) so as to replace it with CO2, and force-carbing while your other kegs are at serving pressure.

You need a second, backup tank. Once you have that obviously you aren't going to be out of luck if you lose one--and, with that spare tank you can use it for things like filling bottles using counterpressure with a bottling wand, purging Star-San out of a keg (and into another) so as to replace it with CO2, and force-carbing while your other kegs are at serving pressure.

You are right about this. I just got my kegerator going so this will be in my future.

Back