I need bottles!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bobbydigital

Reaction score
Twist off dont work, either do hieneken and amstel

where can i get some quick?

where the heck can i get bottles.........my beer needed to be bottled like yestyerday, but i got only 20 bottles!

go buy some pry off and drink them....check with you local liquior store for returnables....check with a local bar.....buy them at a LHBS

Find that one friend that loves to recycle beer bottles, but hasn't made it back over there in a few weeks. That, and throw a bottle party this weekend. Everyone must bring a 6er of necessary bottles and everyone drinks like crazy. Suddenly you'll have at least 40 more bottles. My buddy brought 3 cases of empties over just because he saved them up and hadn't made it to the recycle place lately.

Isn't that a good excuse to have a party????
Have your friends bring the beer, you supply the
chips, and keep and wash out their bottles.

OR just go on a drinking binge and empty your own bottles.

With the number of bars in NYC, you shouldn't have any trouble. Check out the recycle bins behind bars. Surely they'll be nasty and most will be twist offs, but find a pub that has a ton of micros on hand and you'll find plenty of pry off empties.

most bars have heinken ,corona, and amstel as the only empties.. that pop off.

but i did goto my local beer distributar and he gave me 2 empty cases.. he knew the deal.!!

I use the 2ltr. plastic soda bottles and reuse the caps over and over again. I also have my folks save just the plastic caps for me when I feel its time to use a fresh one. I use a few 12oz. glass bottles for samplers when I taste the brew while it's aging. :mug:
neil

If you can afford it, then get some micro/craft brews to drink. They almost always work with my bottle capper. Besides, the beer will be enjoyed deliciously (if that's a word?). Otherwise, if you need them right away, then just order them empty from an online or local HBS store.

I need more too. My last batch sat in the primary for over two weeks so I could drink more of my last batch to empty bottles for the current batch. No big deal, though. (I'm just skipping the secondary altogether now.)

IS there much difference between twist tops andnon twist top bottles???

in australia we got 800 ml long necks (king browns) but they are all twist tops, does the gas escape if you dont properly close these???

My first batch has been in secondary phase for about two weeks now, ive opend one up and its got a little fizz but not much, i put in the recommened amount of sugar too.

thanks for your help

Bobbie

BobbieDigital said:
IS there much difference between twist tops andnon twist top bottles???

in australia we got 800 ml long necks (king browns) but they are all twist tops, does the gas escape if you dont properly close these???

My first batch has been in secondary phase for about two weeks now, ive opend one up and its got a little fizz but not much, i put in the recommened amount of sugar too.

thanks for your help

Bobbie

ooopss

Just read a few threads before!! i should really learn to ready from bottom up
heheh

sorry

Bob

Back