I need Bar ideas

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Donthoseme

Reaction score
For those of you who have built your own bars please post some pics so i can steal your ideas for my own bar. Thanks all!

Yea i've done a bunch of google but i remember there were some people here who went step by step and i could possibly mooch some ideas off them. Like the fellow who built the box and put his chest freezer in it instead of building directly on the freezer. That guy is smart.

Here's some pics of mine. You can see the whole set at http://www.flickr.com/photos/mmbpics/sets/72157606313359194/

2693198082_56660d26ce.jpg

2693194698_d52c7936de.jpg

2692540547_4d13a05015.jpg

Here's one that shows the amount of room available. That's with 6 corney kegs as well as a 5G better bottle. I wanted room for 1/2BBLs and corneys along with lagering beer. Excuse the hydrometer, this is a pic from the kolsh swap.

swap_kolsch_lager.JPG

check my gallery

Cape.jpg

Cooler2.JPG

I built a small walk-in cooler which houses all of my kegs, etc. and then I run six beer lines about 35 feet behind a wall through insulated pipes, under my bar and up into a coffin box on top of the bar. The insulated pipes and coffin box form an air-tight circuit to and from the cooler so I have a tiny computer fan on one of the pipes in the cooler that cirulates air through everything and keeps the lines cold

bar1.jpg

This is from just after I finished the main bar area. The television and dart board have been installed as well as the wine rack in the back bar but you get the idea.

I would put pictures of the space but that's in flux. In fact it will be in flux for the next 16 years because i'm active military. So it will have to be fairly portable for a bar.

Latest posts

Back