I love StarSan

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brewham

Reaction score
Gotta give a shout out to this great product. I started using StarSan in a spray bottle a few batches ago. A little bit lasts a long time. A teaspoon of Star San in a quart spray bottle of distilled water has held me through 4 batches and I spray everything. A small bottle of StarSan might last a lifetime.

Don't make 5 gallons of the stuff to put in a carboy. Just spray the sides. Spray the bottle caps, Spray in the tubing and wands. Spray the bottles. Spray your stir spoon. Spray the dog. The stuff is too easy.

If you are still soaking in bleach, iodine or any of that other stuff to sanitize (we're not talking cleaning here) you are unnecessarily complicating your brew life. Give it a try.

I've always used powerded no rinse sanitizers. Nobody around me really homebrews. I'll try some starsan next time. I've only heard good things online about it.

I like SS as well. But you can also swirl or spray some Iodine and use it the same way as the SS, no need for 5 gallon fermenter soaks. I have years worth of both to use up.

Back