I love Philly beer week!!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kingmatt

Hop Addict
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Just got home from Capone's where they had their "Freshest IPA" event as part of Philly's craft beer week.

Started off with a tulip of Pliny the Elder and then polished off a flight (four 4oz glasses) of Firestone Walker's Double Jack, Avery's Maharaja, Cigar City's Firkin and Founder's Double Trouble!!

:ban::mug::rockin::drunk::tank::drunk::rockin::mug::ban:

I also picked up some bombers of the DFH Black & Blue, DFH Hellhound on my Ale, Firestone Walker's Double Jack, Speakeasy Double Daddy IPA and a single of the new Victory Summer Love!

Crap! I still haven't had Pliny or Maharaja.

I might try Deschutes night at Capone's tonight and Flying Dog at Iron Abbey on Friday.

It aways seems that philly beer week comes the week I'm broke. All these events going on in west chester

I like that the first two beers on your list for Philly Beer Week are from California. :)

To be fair, we do make the best IPAs.

It's been a great week...

Attending the Sierra Nevada Hombrew Cup tonight, hoping to get some good feedback on my entries, and Boxcar Brewings "Ride the Rails" dinner/tasting tomorrow night. Then wrapping up the week on Saturday with the: Zythos Belgian Fest, Yards Brewery Tour, and dinner at Standard Tap.

It's been a great week...

Attending the Sierra Nevada Hombrew Cup tonight, hoping to get some good feedback on my entries, and Boxcar Brewings "Ride the Rails" dinner/tasting tomorrow night. Then wrapping up the week on Saturday with the: Zythos Belgian Fest, Yards Brewery Tour, and dinner at Standard Tap.

I entered a beer into that competition too, do you know where/when they will post the winners?

I entered a beer into that competition too, do you know where/when they will post the winners?
Good question...
I actually ended up not going to the results ceremony, opting for a meet the brewer event instead.
I was going to see if Keystone Homebrew had that info.

Back