I like this time at night on HBT

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Passedpawn do you have that fencing up with t bar?

Might have to look into some sort of mesh. I could probably get away with no posts and just zip tying them around the perimeter. That's a pretty big area to cover though.

As an added benefit it would be definite keep out to the neighbor behind me who has stolen wood and plants out of my yard on multiple occasions. Although not as funny as seeing him stuck in this cammo fishing line.

View attachment 1462975153309.jpg

Reading this reminds me of a fictitious TV Disney show. The name evades me, but it was related to a young group of baseball players needing grass on their field. The job was tasked with a old custodian or something like that and he sprinkled bags upon bags of hair clippings around the field. By game day, they had green lush grass.

Now I dunno if this works or not, but I guess you could try laying a few "cornrow's" in the corn row. lol Not sure if this would lead to sagging plants or not, but it would let the other plants know they were avaliable for pollinating. lol

Movie Name: The Rookie
Star: Dennis Quaid
Based on true events of MLB pitcher Jim Morris who in fact was a high school baseball coach and teacher and made it to the pros.

Passedpawn do you have that fencing up with t bar?

Might have to look into some sort of mesh. I could probably get away with no posts and just zip tying them around the perimeter. That's a pretty big area to cover though.

As an added benefit it would be definite keep out to the neighbor behind me who has stolen wood and plants out of my yard on multiple occasions. Although not as funny as seeing him stuck in this cammo fishing line.

I ziptied to trees. It won't go more than about 10' without sagging a lot though. One of these days (!) I'll replace with proper fencing. I use it to keep my dog from tramping around the hood.

Good morning late nighters [emoji6]

Received my first rhizome yesterday. A cascade. Two more should be here soon, a magnum and Perle. My wife has the green thumb and excited to start growing them. It's going to be a challenge to find a place in our small yard because the Mrs already has the place packed with plants.

Would anyone like to kick in on a beer thread please?

https://www.homebrewtalk.com/showthread.php?t=582130

DynaChrome. I posted in your thread and will say again here. Let it ride. You're doing stuff with champagne yeast I never have (I'm not that creative) So that's my best advice. As long as your temp and sanitation is good I'll think the ingredients used will taste like the beer you brewed. [emoji3]

Would anyone like to kick in on a beer thread please?

https://www.homebrewtalk.com/showthread.php?t=582130

DynaChrome. I posted in your thread and will say again here. Let it ride. You're doing stuff with champagne yeast I never have (I'm not that creative) So that's my best advice. As long as your temp and sanitation is good I think the ingredients used will taste like the beer you brewed. [emoji3]

Hey late nighters and friends. I truly miss this thread. Usually an absence is good news (more work) mine has been both good and bed. At any rate as always "I look forward to scrolling back" (tm). I'm am going to testify in June in front of the Sacramento Senate re CA legislation... Wish me luck. I hope you are all great.

Hey folks. Good to see some action around here.

I have planted shed seeds for many years. I finally have one sprouting this year. That's my a-hole neighbor's yard in the background. They can SUCK IT.and the shed may block the view a bit. It's 10x12 (max size for no permit). They never specified how many stories it could be....

4853-67249.jpeg

Hey folks. Good to see some action around here.

I have planted shed seeds for many years. I finally have one sprouting this year. That's my a-hole neighbor's yard in the background. They can SUCK IT.and the shed may block the view a bit. It's 10x12 (max size for no permit). They never specified how many stories it could be....

4853-67249.jpeg

Will it be used for brewing? :D

DynaChrome. I posted in your thread and will say again here. Let it ride. You're doing stuff with champagne yeast I never have (I'm not that creative) So that's my best advice. As long as your temp and sanitation is good I'll think the ingredients used will taste like the beer you brewed. [emoji3]

Thanks Dan.

I settled down a bit after it started clearing up. My S-04 usually doesn't look that cloudy. I made a healthy started to pitch. (I should have taken a picture of it)

:rockin:

I do enjoy writing. Usually filled with misspellings and typos, but I enjoy sharing about my day - good and bad sometimes. Tis is easy when it's just me in the house.

I just came in from working outside all day. I'm beat. My granddad used to tell me.. "Son, let the tool do the work, don't let the tool work you". Friends, I've had my tail handed to me today. The area I planted today was rock solid and probably won't grow anything, but I dug in with everything I had. Covered it with sweat and some 13-13-13. Several rows more of corn, a extra roll of purple hulls, several hills of squash, pumpkins and zukini.

20160510_155856-L.jpg

Fresh cut is always the hardest ... ;)

A law (AB2172) to allow homebrew clubs to meet (and share homebrew) at breweries and other establishments hold alcohol sales licenses.
The ABC took the position that this was illegal in their FAQ page.

Freaking old folks. Such dumb rules. Let them have it LRB!

For your late nite soundtrack, 311. I sat next to a lady on an airplane who claimed her son was the drummer for 311. Anyway, I hope this is how LRB's convo goes with the stodgy folks on the CA alcohol control board.

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5KbR0jg48YI[/ame]

Old folks ;)

Aloha!

I'm heading to the mainland today, Cali. My youngest graduates college this Saturday at CSU Monterey Bay. After graduation we're getting her moved out of the apartment and heading to my son's house at Camp Pendelton.

Sitting at the bar in Honolulu airport, having a beer and got take out food for the flight. The wall in front of me is made of stone. I think real stone! The girl behind the bar let me check it out. I tapped on it and mostly it's rock with some hollow core fillers, but man is it pretty. I don't know who would think of putting a stone wall in an airport bar - most likely the owner is a homebrewer[emoji3][emoji108]

View attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1463695117.372109.jpgView attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1463695143.502331.jpg

Sitting at the bar in Honolulu airport, having a beer and got take out food for the flight. The wall in front of me is made of stone. I think real stone! The girl behind the bar let me check it out. I tapped on it and mostly it's rock with some hollow core fillers, but man is it pretty. I don't know who would think of putting a stone wall in an airport bar - most likely the owner is a homebrewer[emoji3][emoji108]

View attachment 355173View attachment 355175

Most likely a lightweight pre-cast stone veneer and only 2 or 3 inches thick on the body panels.. Very easy to install. Sometimes even panelized (2x2, 3x3, and 4x4 pre-assembled sections). It's a LOT more common than you might think. Especially on newer hotels.

Most likely a lightweight pre-cast stone veneer and only 2 or 3 inches thick on the body panels.. Very easy to install. Sometimes even panelized (2x2, 3x3, and 4x4 pre-assembled sections). It's a LOT more common than you might think. Especially on newer hotels.

Yep you're probably correct. They look pretty nice though[emoji3]

Yep, those stone walls / stack stone stuff are pretty cool. I'm doing it on an outside wall behind my house (privacy wall behind a spa). Construction adhesive holds it on. The wall I have is already painted block, so I'm just applying this on top. About 30' x 4'. I'm putting it off until I've finished remodeling bathrooms, but almost done with that.

This place has everything you need if you're looking at stacked stone the easy way: Faux Panels

If you want to see their video with a ridiculously cute blond in rediculous shoes installing their product, this: [ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f5hGoOrGGqk[/ame]

Morning guys; been a few days since I've had a chance to post. Very busy last few weeks. Despite the lack of rain, my garden spots are coming along slowly but surly.

The other day, when the girls and their moms were over, I asked them if they would like to have their own garden spot. This would be their garden so they could pick exactly what was planted. While they will need a lil help and guidance, they all promised to do their part as their time allowed. I broke the ground for them and layed the rows out and they did everything else.

As I've mentioned many times before, the memories I have with my granddad is priceless. While I don't expect these girls to quite carry home the experience I did, I do hope they gain something from it.

I used to say the silence at home was my solitude. I've been trading in some of that solitude for the small lil yelps of laughter at home by having their mom and them over for dinner occasionally. Not sure what is in store for me here, but having these lil ladies over has really brightened my days.

Below are a few pictures captured from this past Tuesday. The girls loved to walk in the fresh tilled soil barefooted. That sure brings back memories. lol

13239193_1368615523165566_476868829606288632_n-L.jpg

13254082_1368615429832242_7482407764462144617_n-L.jpg

13232945_1368615386498913_8310697470047318704_n%20%281%29-L.jpg

13241292_10208238319590153_2738446529187804423_n-L.jpg

Calling for help. Marshall JCN 2000 DSL401 amp

No sound coming out except for static when turning the volume button up and down. The power amp tubes are glowing but the preamp tubes aren't. I read 5.6vac going into the power tubes, just wiggling them abut to get the leads set the preamp tubes started glowing and the amplifier worked perfectly. My son asked what i did. I said I just pushed on the input leads to the preamp tubes. Then he played his guitar loud. We had to close the garage door.

I thought corrosion or a loose connection might be the issue so I tightened the spade connection. Then, noting worked. I still see power in the lights, the tubes on the big amp glow, preamp tubes no glow

I'm explaining this best I can and calling out for help

Cheers
Dan

You're aware that some of those power tube pins have 500V on them right?

It sounds like you have some bad connections to the heater pins on the power tubes of wiggling them made the preamp tube heaters come back on.

However if you aren't confident working with high voltage DC power supplies it'd be a good idea to take it to someone who knows what they are doing.

Looks a little like heaven on earth bigken !

Yesterday was the big day. Gotta admit I got tears eyed seeing my little girl all grows up and ready to head out into the world.
View attachment 355586View attachment 355587

Conga-rats, Dan-ielle!

No sound coming out except for static when turning the volume button up and down. The power amp tubes are glowing but the preamp tubes aren't. I read 5.6vac going into the power tubes, just wiggling them abut to get the leads set the preamp tubes started glowing and the amplifier worked perfectly. My son asked what i did. I said I just pushed on the input leads to the preamp tubes. Then he played his guitar loud. We had to close the garage door.

I thought corrosion or a loose connection might be the issue so I tightened the spade connection. Then, noting worked. I still see power in the lights, the tubes on the big amp glow, preamp tubes no glow

Cheers
Dan

Unplug it and plug it back in. ;)

So, turned it off and made a run to Harbor Freight. Got back about an hour later. Turned the amp on and let it warm up 2-3 minutes. The thing worked great! - for 3 or so minutes and then suddenly stopped putting out.

Heat? Where?

Cheers
Dan

Send this guy a message. He knows tube amps.

http://www.tcjeffects.com/

He may even give you some free advice.

So the quest continues to try to do something with the countless stump holes in my yard. The place must have been covered with trees some years ago. So either the stumps have rotted out, or they were never filled when ground down. Either way, they were killing my back over a mowing day.

I had a load of fresh top soil hauled in and for a few hours, had the services of a skid steer. While it did save a ton of labor, it did leave it's mark on my turf. But if it means a smother mowing day, I'll welcome a few track rumples. I was able to get a majority of the bigger ones filled and reseeded with Bermuda grass seed and covered with hay before it was time for the skid steer to be returned. Everything else, I will have to shovel by hand.

Anyone that knows me, knows how anal retentive I am about the looks of my yard. Having all these piles of hay is wreaking havoc on my OCD. As I was putting the hay out, all the cattle were lined up at the fence line staring me down. I could sense they were cussing me and had that "hey dip****, we're over here" look. lol

Later that evening I went out to the garden to continue weeding from when the dump truck arrived earlier. I got several rows knocked out but still need to go thin the corn and beans out. The corn is a lil slow, but the beans are living it up and already are about 6" tall. They must love the soil conditions. Everything else is kinda mulling. Maters and peppers seem happy with some occasional watering, but man we need some rain. God knows how much my water bill is going to be next month.

I think the endless chore days are going to be the new norm. My TV has not been on more than 30 minutes over the last 5 days I bet. The other night after filling those holes, I set outside in my garage with just enough energy to fill a beer mug of kegged Kolsch. I savored it till the last drop was gone and then stumbled, clawed and crawled my way to the shower. By then I could tell you exactly where every sore muscle was in my back, arms and legs.

The fat boy is out of shape, but I'm still loving every day of it.
20160523_155535-L.jpg

20160523_174123-L.jpg

20160524_155409-L.jpg

20160524_155413-L.jpg

I had a load of fresh top soil hauled in and for a few hours, had the services of a skid steer. While it did save a ton of labor, it did leave it's mark on my turf.

That looks like a 20 cu yard dump. 10 yrs ago I had two of those dump a mountain on my driveway, and I had to move it all about 300 ft to my backyard using a shovel and wheelbarrow (no space for equipment to get through). It was unbelievable. I couldn't do that today.

Wife and I went downtown and saw Here Come the Mummies last night. Free outdoor concert (Blast Friday) in Clearwater. I love this band!

[edit] right after posting this (my video) I see on youtube there were much better videos of the same concert. I need to work on my skillz.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back