I like this time at night on HBT

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My dad still has a rotary dial home phone mounted to the wall! He refused to pay the additional fee for tone dialing. When is the last time you dialed a number on a rotary phone? It sucks.

My parents finally moved from rotary a few years back ... And then from dial-up to dish network ... All because my Dad got a laptop and iPad and had no choice!

How selfish of us to try to discourage PP from posting his skinny dipping pics when there are multiple ladies here.. Have you seen passedpawn Bobbie? He's quite fetching. Ooh my iPhone case should be here tomorrow ;)

The peacock one you ordered under the influence of sleeping pills? ;)

*edit* either my iPad is just smurfin' with me or I'm too tired/drunk to be typing now!

I've never been to Da' Yoop, maybe one day I'll take you up on that offer. One of my goals in life is to extensively travel our country. I want to see everywhere.

I am waiting for my son to be old enough to remember (or even better appreciate) a 2 or 3 week tour of the country (head west across the northern tier and return east on the southern). Even if he doesn't appreciate it, I know I'm looking forward to it!

I have an annual canoe trip that you should be my partner on next Father's Day weekend. I haven't been for seven years. I think we would be a good team.

I'd love that. I'd seriously consider coming up. I used to do some great canoe trips on the Suwanee.

Umm, Father's Day? Team? Hello? Long lost son trying to tell you something Pawn. What's he got to do? Hit you in the face with a 2x4 and give you a puppy?

I know you hate the expression, but I am laughing out loud. Well, it's more of a snickering wheeze intermixed with snorting.

Umm, Father's Day? Team? Hello? Long lost son trying to tell you something Pawn.

Hmmm, it's possible. lschiavo, is your mom Tina (or tracy), from K-zoo, and are you about 31?

I had a cherry red cutlass supreme convertible one summer. Tina (or tracy?) thought either I or the car was the bomb. I spent the summer in a cabin with my grandparents on Gun lake. Tina and I spent those summer days in that car, then in the fall I had to give it back to my uncle in Columbus OH. Never saw Tina (tracy?) again. That's how summers end I guess.

I'd love that. I'd seriously consider coming up. I used to do some great canoe trips on the Suwanee.

I have never wet a paddle on the Suwanee but I welcome you to our Ontonagon river trip. I am no city dweller by far but I am always impressed that this sort of thing still exists around here. It is two days of nothing but a bridge and one cottage. I miss it...

Hmmm, it's possible. lschiavo, is your mom Tina (or tracy), from K-zoo, and are you about 31?

I had a cherry red cutlass supreme convertible one summer. Tina (or tracy?) thought either I or the car was the bomb. I spent the summer in a cabin with my grandparents on Gun lake. Tina and I spent those summer days in that car, then in the fall I had to give it back to my uncle in Columbus OH. Never saw Tina (tracy?) again. That's how summers end I guess.

Is that you Dad?

Aw $hit I'm too far north and too old. I'll find my dad someday...don't you worry Passedpawn/Passeddawn...

I am waiting for my son to be old enough to remember (or even better appreciate) a 2 or 3 week tour of the country (head west across the northern tier and return east on the southern). Even if he doesn't appreciate it, I know I'm looking forward to it!

We're sort of doing this in May. Sort of because my wife refused to drive with the kids, so me and the dog are driving to Colorado and she's flying there and meeting me. I'm taking 70 there and 80 back. Can't wait!

We're sort of doing this in May. Sort of because my wife refused to drive with the kids, so me and the dog are driving to Colorado and she's flying there and meeting me. I'm taking 70 there and 80 back. Can't wait!

I drove across Kansas and Nebraska once, and vowed never again. Did you consider taking 90 back, and catching Devils Tower, Crazy Horse, Mt. Rushmore, Badlands, & Wall Drug. Driving across SD kind of sucks too, but at least there are a couple cool things to see, and you join right back in to 80 Indiana border.

If I wasn't going to be alone, I would have planned much different routes. I have an incredible tolerance for long distance drives, button wife doesn't. She refuses to have the kids in the car for more than 4 hours. In the end I'm okay with it though because one of my dreams has always been a solo cross country trip. This comes very close and with two toddlers, I consider myself lucky to get this even!

I don't hold on to many things other people have done. I do hold on to what I have though. If I was the one who did something wrong, I won't let go of it until I completely understand it. Then I try to change whatever it was in myself that prompted the action, and do what I can to correct whatever damage has been done. In my opinion, that is what the Wiccan rede really requires. Once you fully understand it.

Any who. My printer does a similar thing with the color toner cartridges. Unless I set the output to monochrome. How this is different then black and white, no idea.

I ordered 5 lb of citric acid. Mozzarella, here I come. :)

Btw, I've done Kansas and Nebraska also. Nebraska four times. When I was in the Army in Colorado, my best friend was from Iowa so we drove there a few times to visit his family and party with his sister and her friends. Good times.

Kansas was a result of 9/11 and my attempt to drive home. The guy I was driving with crashed my car, totalling it. We were about 3/4 through the state on 70.

Btw, I've done Kansas and Nebraska also. Nebraska four times. When I was in the Army in Colorado, my best friend was from Iowa so we drove there a few times to visit his family and party with his sister and her friends. Good times.

Kansas was a result of 9/11 and my attempt to drive home. The guy I was driving with crashed my car, totalling it. We were about 3/4 through the state on 70.

Is this the Penthouse forum or some sort of revisionist conspiracy?

A buddy of mine got stuck out near Denver then and ended up having to drive as well. The his company tried to send out their fleet of jets, to pick folks up all over, but then all planes were grounded, fortunately they were just pulling into the rental car return, when they got the call, and got stuck driving back. At least they had a car.

I totaled my car on the bridge crossing the Mississippi at St. Louis, on end of my my trip across the hell of Kansas. Im still pissed at that ******* for stopping to make a u-turn in the middle of the freaking interstate.

Our society will be paperless as soon as the bathroom is. Not until we get rid of $#it tickets will we have a paperless society.

Airborneguy said:
If I wasn't going to be alone, I would have planned much different routes. I have an incredible tolerance for long distance drives, button wife doesn't. She refuses to have the kids in the car for more than 4 hours. In the end I'm okay with it though because one of my dreams has always been a solo cross country trip. This comes very close and with two toddlers, I consider myself lucky to get this even!

I'm in the same boat, I love to drive but my wife is kid sensitive. After a couple hours she frankly expects them to be quieter and behave better than kids do, and she gets restless. I want to do a drive to Yellowstone but it might be awhile.

You know who's behind it all right? It's the printer ink manufactures. We live in this so called "paperless" society right? SO why do I need to print anything???!?!?!?:tank:

And yes, I won't be leaving a tip, 'cause I could... I could shut this whole resort down. Sir? I'll take my traveler's checks to a competing resort. I could write a letter to your board of tourism and I could have this place condemned. I could put... I could put... strychnine in the guacamole. There was salt on the glass, BIG grains of salt.

You know who's behind it all right? It's the printer ink manufactures.

Must go catch up on other posts, but this is how mad I am. Did a little sketch while sitting on the porch. Usually I draw better than this but it's almost 2 AM here. :drunk:

protest.gif

No reason to start a new thread just because of my fleeting thoughts. So I'll post here. (I hope that did not come across as disrespectful; not my intention whatsoever. Especially not in this good crowd.)

I opted for a premium membership a few years ago.. Which is is 25 bucks or something. Then I thought about going Lifetime, came close to doing it.

Probably the only reason I didn't at the time was because it seemed like a lot of money to spend when I could be spending that money on things I needed.

Then, much later I started thinking about how cheap it would be to get 20 years of membership for around 6 bucks a year. And then I thought. I love this sight. $25 dollars over the course of a year is pretty cheap and somebody has to keep this place rolling, keep up with the cost of inflation. I thought of TxBrew.

It's his site, possibly that lifetime membership price was good when this place first started but now I'd imagine prices go up, there are upgrades and such. I'm happy, very happy with this site. Okay sometimes there are glitches but that happens. Technology is moving faster than the sunset and I think this site, this place does a nice job keeping the camera focused and following it.

Anyway, I opted out of going with the life time membership. I like this place to much to go cheap.

Just my thoughts. I'm sure I'm wrong in some ways but that's me.

Why are you brandishing an Apollo capsule?

It's supposed to be a loud speaker, shouting into it.

You did not draw that. BS!

Because of the wonderful artistic ability I exhibited? Drew it and scanned it with my HP all-in-one.

And speaking of exhibition, what's this about skinny dipping? Our lake only has one alligator left in it, let's go!!!

I drove across Kansas and Nebraska once, and vowed never again. Did you consider taking 90 back, and catching Devils Tower, Crazy Horse, Mt. Rushmore, Badlands, & Wall Drug. Driving across SD kind of sucks too, but at least there are a couple cool things to see, and you join right back in to 80 Indiana border.

HEY NOW....wait....your right, it is god awful boring driving west of Lincoln.

Everything perks up when you get out by Long Pine/Valentine.

HEY NOW....wait....your right, it is god awful boring driving west of Lincoln.

Everything perks up when you get out by Long Pine/Valentine.

Kansas is the worse of the two there is nothing between Kansas City until you get to the "KC west regional airport" in Denver. Oh wait there is the place that advertises the 6 legged cow, 5 legged horse and the 2 headed snake.

Sorry anybody from KS

Hey, Illinois is down to only 1 ex governor currently in federal prison now. :ban: The other one just got released to the halfway house. :mug:

Chi-town is trying to make up for that by being extra murdery this year.

They got to be number one in something up there. They just got edged out for most number of gang members. I'm sure Rahm Emanuel will have it all under control soon.;)

It was only 47 last month, that is better than last years average.

Alligator sandwiches are pretty good. Oh wait you have a opossum to catch first. :)

We caught 2 alligators last spring and ate them. Since one of them ate my sister's cat, does that mean we indirectly ate her cat? The possum is still living under the house, terrorizing my dog, so I will get back to trapping soon.

Latest posts

Back