I like this time at night on HBT

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When I was in college the campus was lousy with skunks. I never once heard of anyone getting sprayed, but I did have one give me a dirty look when my then-girlfriend was puking in the bushes.

Im not sure why I told that story.

Bummer man I figured that was a good set up and you would have got him for sure

Yeah, even hubby thought so. Patience, didn't catch him the first night, but plenty more nights coming up. Probably looked out and saw the trap, scared him, but he'll get used the the sight of it and get curious....

When I was in college the campus was lousy with skunks. I never once heard of anyone getting sprayed, but I did have one give me a dirty look when my then-girlfriend was puking in the bushes.

Great story, thanks for sharing.

Get you a .300 Win mag, knock you on your ass son.

I sort of have a .300 Ultra Mag. Long story. I bought it to be a present, but the person I bought it for was denied the rifle permit. I sold it to someone else, but we haven't finished that process yet.

What is that much power really necessary for? I personally don't like shooting it at all. Plus the rounds are WAY too expensive.

CreamyGoodness said:

To trick us into thinking you had a girlfriend in college.

Airborneguy said:
I sort of have a .300 Ultra Mag. Long story. I bought it to be a present, but the person I bought it for was denied the rifle permit. I sold it to someone else, but we haven't finished that process yet.

What is that much power really necessary for? I personally don't like shooting it at all. Plus the rounds are WAY too expensive.

For shooting yotes at 700 yards. The rounds are quite pricey, but cheaper than some stuff like large caliber handgun rounds.

Blasted!! I just realized the error of my ways when I just went out to look at my trap again. I'll chalk it up to still being half asleep earlier when I walked out to check the trap. Not to mention, feverish. Bastard pushed my barricades out of the way and that's not even the angle at which I left the trap.

This is war now. He wasn't afraid of the trap, just simply moved it out of his way to get to the water bowl!!!

Look! That's not how I left the trap. Must have heavier objects to use as barricades and apparently he doesn't like apples because I actually left a couple pieces of apple outside the trap and they were left uneaten too.

100_0833.jpg

I got it reset now, concrete blocks. And damn thing is trigger happy, almost took a finger off. Tonight I will drop some dog food down in there with the apples. I could hardly move the concrete blocks, let's see him try to move them!!!!

Try a small tin of cat food with fish in it. They're pretty cheap. He won't be able to resist. Probably turned his nose up at the apples.

I was just going to say, wet car food will get them every time.

BBL beat me to it ^^^

Okay, yeah, I thought about that. My sister in law has 2 cats and feeds them the canned stuff. But now I've got the trap wedged in there, so I'll have to drop the bait through the top. Took me 8 or 9 tries to get it wedged in there good without tripping it.

Why are Florida possums so thirsty?

Not sure why, the heat, I guess? Only time I ever see him is in the middle of the night trotting over to the water bowl.

Good idea, Sharon, but I'll have to unwedge the trap to get in there and add a water bowl.

CreamyGoodness said:
Wait til your wife finds out you still have a girlfriend in college.

I can't select an appropriate response to this without directing the thread toward Sleazy Friday status... I'm kind of miffed actually.

I just thought of something. The day you become a father... assuming you still enjoy the evenings with your wife/gf... as far as you are concerned she has instantly become a MILF. Wow. My mind. It is blown.

CreamyGoodness said:
I just thought of something. The day you become a father... assuming you still enjoy the evenings with your wife/gf... as far as you are concerned she has instantly become a MILF. Wow. My mind. It is blown.

Boy, this subject sure has been coming up a lot with you Kreem.. Did the old EPT deliver some bad news?

What?! Mrs Creamy is going to have a baby? Congrats CG! Have you and the missus picked out a name yet? What color's the baby room going to be? Better get going with that college fund!

Cut it out with the rumors bomber. LOL! No, not yet. We are still in data collection and debt-reduction portion of our family plan.

Twins! Wow!! How exciting!!! congrats CG!!! Boys? Girls? Pastel green is a nice color choice for their room either way. Helps them sleep.

Yeah yeah, yuck it up! No, I'm still not sure I have the right stuff when it comes to being a dad. Grew up an only child, and know they dont have an on/off switch, so definitely want to be somewhat "sure" before I take a lifelong plunge.

I was an only child too, sort of. I have a half sister but we didn't live together. I've been babysitting my nephew a lot past couple years and that's helping to break me in on the kid thing. Definitely a lesson in patience. Still not quite sure if I'm ready to release the hounds.

Just finished brewing my last extract kit, a brown ale. Don't even remember buying the kit, but it was in a box that I came across. So much foam, I couldn't get it all the fit the fermenter!!! An 7.9 gallon bucket and made 5.25 gallons. Finally just went ahead and pitched the dry yeast on top of the foam. Also just filled it to 5 gallons and probably added to much water once the foam goes down. Almost 3 gallons of foam!!! Stir, stir, stir with a big whisk. One of my first darker beers actually, do they all foam up like that or did I go a little crazy with the whisking it?

They all foam up if you agitate too much like whisking or dumping back and forth from bucket to bucket. I use pure O2 now with a SS diffusing stone. Much less foam and more oxygen.

They all foam up if you agitate too much like whisking or dumping back and forth from bucket to bucket. I use pure O2 now with a SS diffusing stone. Much less foam and more oxygen.

Where do you get he O2 tank and O2? I've checked the local HD and Lowes and they don't sell it.

G = grandmother.

But on the topic of gay, ask Sharona about her recent experiences... :ban:

I was just kidding about the G :p, it was Sharona kids involved in a three way marriage? or that was a different thread? So many users and this is like a little town :p

Sorry Sharona I hope everything is ok :p

Where do you get he O2 tank and O2? I've checked the local HD and Lowes and they don't sell it.

I get mine from Menards, but they sell them at Lowes too. Check the welding section. See link below. The regulator and stone you can get any LHBS or online. See link below. I just did a quick search at Midwest. You don't need the air filter.

Lowes Search Results for Oxygen

O2 Regulator and stone

I was just kidding about the G :p, it was Sharona kids involved in a three way marriage? or that was a different thread? So many users and this is like a little town :p

Sorry Sharona I hope everything is ok :p

Hey? What? I missed something, let's go back in time and discuss this further...

Back