I like this time at night on HBT

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hello everyone. Glad it's beer time. Just finished putting some stain and finish on my new keezer.
Here's my drip tray

image.jpg

I wish I could burn wood to cool my house somehow. I've got a face cord of wood behind my house that I'll never get through - and the AC is on right now. I've got a fireplace but there aren't too many days that you can use it down here.
Use it to boil wort?

I'm right in the middle. Just get used to one and it's back to the other.
In Colorado, you can have all 4 seasons in the same day.

Hello everyone. Glad it's beer time. Just finished putting some stain and finish on my new keezer.
Here's my drip tray
Nice.........Sorry, I can't resist.

Last edited by a moderator:
:mug: After I retired from the military 4-1/2 years ago, the first job I took was 200 miles from my house. I hoped it would only be temporary and, luckily it was; seven months. The new job paid well and was full of headaches but every other weekend was a 3 day weekend.

I found a month-to-month rent tiny apartment in my new transient desert town and lived there during the workweek but went home on weekends.

old-refrigerator2-62508.jpg
A fridge similar to the picture. landed in a dumpster near my new part time dwellings. I dragged it into the apartment, plugged it in and the compressor kicked on. :ban: FWIW - the apartment had a kitchen, bathroom and shower. The furnishing I provide consisted of an air mattress, some kitchen stuff I borrowed from home, a few folding camping chairs and the INTERNET! - What more does a guy really need?
+

green-pepper1-62507.jpg
The inside of my potential kegerator had a very strong green pepper stench. After a little digging, I found a couple rotted green peppers stuck behind one of the bottom drawers. I removed them, cleaned the whole fridge, it still stunk. Put a large box of Arm Hammer baking soda in there for a few days.. No joy!.

The back of the door, you know the part where you put your eggs and butter and salad dressing and stuff.. It was broken plastic, I stuck my nose next to the plastic and it stunk like green peppers. Long story short. Removed the plastic. The insulation behind it was permeated with the green pepper stench. Threw the plastic and the insulation into the dumpster. I replaced the original insulation and back of the door with insulation from home depot and for the back of the door pressed wood. Wow! run on sentence.

I painted the whole thing in the tiled dining area, paper on the floor ahead of time. I used Rustoleum Aluminum paint - roll on. Spray paint for the orange, some black oil based paint for the black. Surface prep work was a liquid sander for metal - I don't remember the name.

In the end, I got a keggerator! I had to work overtime Saturday the day before but would have normally been home - Kharma?

Poor pic of my first kegerator. I was using an old, very old phone at the time.

hd-kegerator-1-56556.jpeg

Dan's nostalgia

Dan, do you still ride?

Can I put a humble sign up...must be one here

Chef, I haven't ridden regularly in a year, maybe two. I do have a really nice bike I used to ride on a regular basis. It could very well become my primary choice of transportation soon.

Dan, do you still ride?

He rides his kegger...HARD;)

I modified my stand, soldered the bottom fitting into my new 55gal HLT and have it leak testing now. NOT A DROP!

thumb2_img_20140316_202714_194-62511.jpg

We melted some shot and poured into molds for the derby cars today. Torch, tuna can, aluminum foil mold. Worked like a charm. We gorilla glued the ingots into the recesses we drilled into the bottom of the cars. The hop scale comes in handy to get the max weight. My son actually learned something tinkering with that. A few days left for final touches and racing on Thursday.

Would of, should of, just stuck to riding dirtbikes. In 2002, I had a choice of buying a crazy street bike, crazy dirt bike or a Harley Davidson. I chose the later because I figured at 39 I was to old for a dirt bike or crotch rocket... I'd break my neck on a dirt bike and kill my self on a high powered street bike. So, I got a HD 1200 Sportster. That was enough power for me. Now I got that old Fatboy that I hardly ever ride. :eek:

He rides his kegger...HARD;)

I modified my stand, soldered the bottom fitting into my new 55gal HLT and have it leak testing now. NOT A DROP!

thumb2_img_20140316_202714_194-62511.jpg

We melted some shot and poured into molds for the derby cars today. Torch, tuna can, aluminum foil mold. Worked like a charm. We gorilla glued the ingots into the recesses we drilled into the bottom of the cars. The hop scale comes in handy to get the max weight. My son actually learned something tinkering with that. A few days left for final touches and racing on Thursday.

There is something wonderful to be said about being humble when you have a great gift! I'm talking about you, Ischiavo. Take that as a compliment my friend because I do believe you are one of the most humble people I know.

There is something wonderful to be said about being humble when you have a great gift! I'm talking about you, Ischiavo. Take that as a compliment my friend because I do believe you are one of the most humble people I know.

Thank you Dan. A complement from you really means a lot. I guess I am fairly humble if I am forced to judge myself. I am not sure how that comes through in a forum such as this. You must have some sixth sense or something. If I am, your are 100x the friend, motivator and great communicator.

Brother Ischiavo, maybe I do have a sixth sense as you say. But believe me my friend. You are a person I truly think is good. I've read many of your post, as you have mine.. Not just here on this thread.. Probably the Riddle thread next most.

But always on both you talk a bit about your family and your adventures in your garage. You never brag even though you easily could. You're humility stands clear. I've seen some of the stuff you are working on and have done (through your pics and texts about them).

Bro.. you are a guy I want to drink a beer with and I'll tell you the truth... I think when it comes to knowledge about many things.. I'm not much good at but you are. Welding, engineering, electricity/tronics..

Truly wish I was up there in UP brother. I'd teach you what I know - not much.. And woud love to learn about how your shop works and stuff. :mug:

Brother Ischiavo, maybe I do have a sixth sense as you say. But believe me my friend. You are a person I truly think is good. I've read many of your post, as you have mine.. Not just here on this thread.. Probably the Riddle thread next most.

But always on both you talk a bit about your family and your adventures in your garage. You never brag even though you easily could. You're humility stands clear. I've seen some of the stuff you are working on and have done (through your pics and texts about them).

Bro.. you are a guy I want to drink a beer with and I'll tell you the truth... I think when it comes to knowledge about many things.. I'm not much good at but you are. Welding, engineering, electricity/tronics..

Truly wish I was up there in UP brother. I'd teach you what I know - not much.. And woud love to learn about how your shop works and stuff. :mug:

I certainly hope we have the occasion to drain a few together someday Dan (I think it would be a long night). You are always welcome in my garage. It is really kind of a dump but its warm, full of tools and you can just step outside to pee.

Depressing but inspirational:

Last edited by a moderator:

Good guy Dan. Now I want to drink a beer with him. Well said.

Sent from my XT1049 using Home Brew mobile app

I certainly hope we have the occasion to drain a few together someday Dan (I think it would be a long night). You are always welcome in my garage. It is really kind of a dump but its warm, full of tools and you can just step outside to pee.

Depressing but inspirational:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o22eIJDtKho

Ya know, Ischiavo, it really doesn't matter how a garage looks, I'm not a better homes and gardners type. A garage should be functional - that's all. My garage was between giving a car a place to sleep for the night amongst sawdust and oil and a functional place to do stuff. Crap. What I'm saying is hell yes I'd drink a beer in your garage/workshop. Messy is in the eyes of the beholder as is functionality.

Want to know something great? He will remember working on the car with you 20 or 30 years from now and it will bring a smile to his face. It does for me every time I time travel back.

Reminds me to drive up the road to tell him what a great father I have.

Good luck and savor the time you get to spend with him.

Meh - I have a DIY itch..... I was hoping to scratch it with a ferm chamber, but I'd rather wait until I get a free fridge from my school when they let out.

However... I've been debating cutting a hole in the freezer of my current kegerator(full size fridge), and using ductwork to bring cold air over to the chamber. I don't think I've ever put anything in that freezer..

Thoughts?

Would of, should of, just stuck to riding dirtbikes. In 2002, I had a choice of buying a crazy street bike, crazy dirt bike or a Harley Davidson. I chose the later because I figured at 39 I was to old for a dirt bike or crotch rocket... I'd break my neck on a dirt bike and kill my self on a high powered street bike. So, I got a HD 1200 Sportster. That was enough power for me. Now I got that old Fatboy that I hardly ever ride. :eek:

If I may, what crazy street bike?

I have a small flock in my garage.

2002, add 13 - carrry the one, you're almost as old as me.

My wife and two of my kids have their MRSP cards and validations. The one they leave just for me is my Blackbird.

Just waiting for my other 4 faucets and shanks to arrive. They discontinued the perlik 525ss. So I had to look hard to find them. I already have 8 and the new perlik is too different. Here's a pic. The middle is stuffed with paper towels until I can fill the holes with 4 more taps.

I've had a lot of help from some good friends with this project.

image.jpg

My wife and two of my kids have their MRSP cards and validations. The one they leave just for me is my Blackbird.

I sold my KLR last June after a drunk kid backed into it. 2nd time a drunk guy had one of my vehicles in 6months....

Anyway, I have an 08 z750s. She's my baby, but I'd trade her for a cruiser if I found the right replacement :tank:

Me. Thats the problem, not the bikes. I lose self control. I don't doubt my riding skills to much. I have a very healthy respect for the bikve. I just dont trust myself to not try and be invincible once I throw a leg across a crotch rocket or spirt bike. Hell, the tires on my big fatboy are worn evenly about 170 degrees across the face of the tire. But man. The mire I talk about mire I want ti get back on a dirtbike and have some fun. :)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I437P using Home Brew mobile app

Latest posts

Back