I like this time at night on HBT

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Does anybody know of a good online supplier for soda making supplies? I'm trying to find a nice raspberry or raspberry creme soda flavoring.

Please don't. :)

Have you seen my hair recently?

Medusa.jpg

Some of you may remember that laptop I am reviving. It is going pretty well. Updating Win7 to current is taking a long time...

Along the way, I noticed that the cooling fan was not running (probably the reason the thing took a crap in the first place). I ordered a new one, installed it and no luck. Both the old and new would run sort of intermittently if I just plugged them into the board and let them hang free. I thought maybe it was a bad connection on the header but that doesn't seem to be. I took the original fan and snipped off the blue and yellow leads (PWM and TACH?) The fan ran wide open hanging loose. As soon as I screwed it back in, or even pushed it back into place, it quit. So I put a piece of electrical tape on the back of the fan over the leads where they may have contacted the housing behind and it runs wide open now just fine. That is a bit baffling as I did not see how anything could have been shorting. Anyway, is there any problem with just letting the fan run wide open other than it being a bit loud? It sure is running nice and cool now.
Leadgolem should have some input I hope and any of you other computer gurus please chime in. Thanks.

I'm guessing the fan is running normally. The processor is regulating the fan speed based on processor temperature. The processor probably keeps the fan going slowly, but when you disconnect the tach the processor increases the PWM to max while looking for feedback.

I think you should just install Win8. You'll stop worrying about the fan right away :) Just kidding, whatever you do don't install Win8.

Hey all! I missed alot here it seems, I made a concious effort not to drink for a few days after saturday. I played in a curling tournament here, and well.. we ended up till 6am sunday. So I avoided the forums for fear of making me want to drink

Hey all! I missed alot here it seems, I made a concious effort not to drink for a few days after saturday. I played in a curling tournament here, and well.. we ended up till 6am sunday. So I avoided the forums for fear of making me want to drink

It's hard not to miss a lot in this thread. I don't even try to keep all the way current anymore. No better time than the present.

50 thou a year will buy a lot of beer........:mug:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gRh4-czxbT0"]YouTube[/ame]

Right on, I love my woodstove, I couldnt go to oil/electric. Theres a special feeling about wood heat. I asked because I am burning so much more then last year, I guess it's just been a colder year overall

It's been a harder winter here too. Fortunately, our natural gas company recently switched hands and gas prices have been pretty reasonable. I'm thinking it's the calm before the storm though.

The winter days go down better with a nice cold homebrew anyways. These last few months have been my best production yet. Im enjoying a (few) bombers of a mild pilsner kit spiked with lots of wild hops

I grew up in Illinois, winters got pretty cold. My dad, after trying a few different things to make the fireplace more efficient settled on a wood stove insert. There were ducts on the side that convected cool air to warm air. Kept the house pretty warm. There was always a pot of water on top the stove to keep moiture in the air.

I grew up in Illinois, winters got pretty cold. My dad, after trying a few different things to make the fireplace more efficient settled on a wood stove insert. There were ducts on the side that convected cool air to warm air. Kept the house pretty warm. There was always a pot of water on top the stove to keep moiture in the air.

I've always got a pot of water on top of the stove, it gets almost unbearably dry, the house is pretty air tight

I wish I could burn wood to cool my house somehow. I've got a face cord of wood behind my house that I'll never get through - and the AC is on right now. I've got a fireplace but there aren't too many days that you can use it down here.

And since I cant figure out multiple quotes in the same message, I get maybe 2 months where I could turn the ac on if i wanted

I just wish it was fall for every season, some days are tshirts, some are heavy sweaters. But its just right

I liked him a lot in Hitchcock movies, especially Vertigo and Rear Window. I think I saw all of them with Jimmy in them.

I don't think I've seen all of his but Harvey stands out as well as The Glenn Miller Band. Who brought this up LRB? :mug: Now I'm going to have to search for JS movies to watch.

And since I cant figure out multiple quotes in the same message, I get maybe 2 months where I could turn the ac on if i wanted

Not sure how to help you with the multiquote if you're using a phone. But with the app, it's really easy. Just select all the posts you want to multiquote by clicking the MULTIQUOTE button at the bottom of those posts (see the "1) below. When you click that button, it will turn red indicating that you've selected that post. On the last post you select, just click the QUOTE button and you'll see all those things pop up in a new message for you.

multiquote.jpg

Not sure how to help you with the multiquote if you're using a phone. But with the app, it's really easy. Just select all the posts you want to multiquote by clicking the MULTIQUOTE button at the bottom of those posts (see the "1) below. When you click that button, it will turn red indicating that you've selected that post. On the last post you select, just click the QUOTE button and you'll see all those things pop up in a new message for you.

Well that serves me right for not even looking, it even says multi quote when you highlight it..

Beer

I just wish it was fall for every season, some days are tshirts, some are heavy sweaters. But its just right

That would be great wouldn't it. Not around here though, but back in the midwest fall's were fantastic. Sunny but cool-warm during the days and chilly clear nights. Always a nice breeze, and the smell of raked leaves burning, weiner roast, and football. Sweatshirts during the day and as my mom would say - great sleeping weather at night! (after a scorching hot summer)

That would be great wouldn't it. Not around here though, but back in the midwest fall's were fantastic. Sunny but cool-warm during the days and chilly clear nights. Always a nice breeze, and the smell of raked leaves burning, weiner roast, and football. Sweatshirts during the day and as my mom would say - great sleeping weather!

And round here, the fall/winter is when the hunting starts, my second favorite thing to do

Andy Griffith was great. I loved M.A.S.H too. I'm so glad my Dad had control of the remote back then.

M*A*S*H's "Adam Ribs" episode is still one of the best sit com episodes of all time...

I have it DVR'ed. I may watch it now.

I'm sure I've seen it, but I don't know them by name. You, sir, have me out mashed. Wait...what did I just admit to :mug:

Back