I know, I've been warned....

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jim Karr

Reaction score
Guys, I red the discussion the other day about St. Pat's in Texas being a very poor place to do business with.....BUT...

They've got refractometers on sale for $29!!

Should I?
Should I?
Should I?:confused:

Hell no! If they were the last homebrew place on earth I would be drinking Miller Light. Don't compromise your principles for a couple of bucks for.

Jim Karr said:
They've got refractometers on sale for $29!!
You can do just as well on ebay. I bought mine for $32.60 shipped (check out item number 330141703080, it's the same item and seller as what I got). Rugged, has a carrying case, and works great, and the seller shipped it to me promptly.

All that, and you don't have to deal with a shi**y company.

I wouldnt. I trust people on this board, and from what I hear, they dont treat their customers properly. I will never do business with them because of this.

Fool me or my fellow HBT members once, shame on you.

Fool me or my fellow HBT members twice ..........

Anybody know Jim personally? If so, take him out for a little talk behind the shed.

stupid.gif

I got my refractometer on ebay from the seller: nis_sales

The only reason I bring them up, is because I have a story involving good customer service. After the auction ended, they must have misplaced my order or something because I didn't a shipping notice for almost a week. I sent them a very polite email asking if it had shipped. The next day I got a shipping notice and a refund for the entire shipping cost.

Bobby_M said:
Hmm, well wouldn't that more accurately be BAD customer service followed by reasonable compensation?

Not at all. The auction made no claims about when they ship. I simply asked if it had shipped (no complaints or demands) and they refunded the entire shipping cost. I would say that's more than "reasonable" compensation.

My idea of reasonable compensation (for this circumstance) would be a sincere apology, along with the shipment of the product. People think that they are entitled to too much nowadays.

I should note that the "almost a week" was from the end of the auction. I think this was when I just had my paypal account attached to by bank account with no credit card. I think it used to take around 2-3 days for that to clear, so it was only around 3 or 2 days after they offically received my money.

Bobby_M said:
wouldn't that more accurately be BAD customer service

Having been an eBay seller and buyer, as well as working in food service for tips; people are human, they make mistakes. It's good to see some other people 1.) Admit their mistakes and take steps to correct them and 2.) Not get mad when someone makes a mistake. :)

Of course, in the case of St. Pats... It appears they've moved into "habit" territory. :)

Back