I just wanted to know what it would taste like...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bloodorange

Reaction score
Word to the wise: do NOT eat a spoonful of hop-pellet mush from your strainer when transferring from kettle to fermenting vessel. Seriously.

:eek:

Another tip- even though pellet hops smell really good coming out of the bag, do not eat one.

Kind of like learning about vanilla extract. Smells really, really good. Doesn't taste the way it smells. Neither do hop pellets.

I often will take a hop flower and tuck in in my cheek when i am drinking crap beer. pellets seems to burn a bit more than whole flowers.

I'm not even a hop head--I knew it wasn't going to taste good, but I thought it would at least be a fun adventure.

Oh, man, that was unpleasant. I couldn't even make a straight-enough face to convince my man to try it!

:p

I made the mistake of sampling a 19.8% AA hop at a beer fest. Couldn't taste a blasted thing the rest of the day.

I keep trying to make hop tea. Every time I smell hops, I go all "mmm, that's so good... a nice mug of tea with that aroma would be incredible".

But I've never managed to produce anything even remotely tolerable :)

I had my first experience eating a hop pellet when I was on a budweiser tour up in Fort Collins during my college days. I was feeling unhappy about it but my friend ate a lot more than me, I imagine he was in some pain! :mug:

Back