I just ordered an Extract Kit from morebeer.com

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

middleofnowhere

Reaction score
I am finally taking the leap from Coopers Kits into a morebeer.com Stout Extract kit.

Kit Details

Is there anything extra I am going to need over brewing a Coopers kit?

My Equipment now includes:
A bottling Bucket with a Spigot
A Primary Bucket
2 5 Gallon Glass Carboys
Two Airlocks
A bunch of Siphon Hose
2 Racking Canes
Hydrometer
5 Gallon Aluminum Pot
A Wing Capper
and finally No knowledge of what I have to do with this MoreBeer Extract Kit.

I ordered Safale S-04(11.5g) yeast to go with it as opposed to the liquid yeast. I wasn't sure if the liquid yeast would have survived the trip to Labrador, Canada.

Anyway, I am sure I will figure it out. I am excited, I figuree it will be 3 weeks before I see the kit because of where I live. I can't wait that long, so I am going to rack my Coopers Draught Kit to the Secondary, Bottle Cream Ale and drink my First Home Brew! That should take me until the end of the day. Any other suggestions for the other 20 days???

Thanks,
Darren

the kit will tell ytou exactly what to do extract kits are very easy to do i have done 2 now and have them pretty much mastered im wanting to go AG or atleast partial mash as soon as i can get all the funds for the new gear. just follow dirrections and you will be good to go

You may want to add another airlock to your collection. That way you have 1 for the primary and 2 for the secondaries.

I just opened my first bottle of this same kit this weekend - (very GOOD). You are going to want a blowoff tube for the first few days. I had never heard of one and went to check on my primary after 24 hrs and had beer all over the floor. The good people here helped me out and now I always have a blowoff tube attached for the first few days.

I have a bag suitable for grains. We use it to cook peas pudding. I think that is a newfoundland thing, but I am sure it will work for grains too.

Peas pudding?

As in "Peas Pudding Hot, Peas Pudding Cold, Peas Pudding in the pot 9 days old."

Oh wait, that's Peas Porrige isn't it.

What the heck is peas pudding?

I wouldn't use a used bag for steeping your grains in...nor would I later use it for cooking your peas pudding in after... They're dirt cheap anyway.

I'd get an autosiphon, they are worth the 10 bucks or so they cost...Much easier than trying to start a siphon with a racking cane....

Back