I just dropped a small screwdriver in my keggle while chilling!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pickngrin

Reaction score
Using my new keggle for the first time... tightening a hose clamp on my immersion chiller... into the wort the screwdriver went... I was already down to 90ish degrees.
:confused:

I've dropped worse than that without any problems. My dog dropped his bone in my fermentor while I wasn't looking.

screwdriver= vodka and orange juice.. Sounds like a little kick in alcohol with orange twist. don't worry be happy.. all will taste fine.

call it screw drivers ale

That's awsome!!! Now you have to rename this beer "The Screwdriver Ale"!!! What a great name for a beer, and now you have a story to go with the name! Lucky you ;)

The problem wasn't that I dropped it in... the problem was that it was a Phillips head, and I needed a flat head.... <rimshot>
Thanks for the feedback... I am thinking it will turn out fine.

The problem wasn't that I dropped it in... the problem was that it was a Phillips head, and I needed a flat head.... <rimshot>
Thanks for the feedback... I am thinking it will turn out fine.

At least it wasn't one of those star headed thingys.

I dropped my thermometer into the fermenter after cooling. That was some funny stuff. "Whoops....where's my yeast? Drink up buddy!" :tank:

I've dropped....and dripped...much worse.

The biggest concern you have now is coming up with a killer name.

I would find out the material spec of the screw driver. It'd be sweet to have like 314 Ale, and people would be mystified where the name came from.

Ah, good idea about the material spec. It was my first attempt at a Scottish ale and my planned name was Highlander, but...

Latest posts

Back