I just drank the best beer I have ever had !

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fartinmartin

Reaction score
About ten months ago I brewed with my son, his recipe, it was a failure, it was way heavy on grain and to top that we put 1/2 a kg of honey and brown sugar into the boil, with a shovel full of various hops at different times, we boiled it fermented it and bottled it, then it came to tasting.
It had not carbonated, it was sweet, bitter after taste, it was almost sticky in the mouth, It had candy floss notes. I tried a few and declared that I will not be drinking it.
I started another brew, then poured the remaining bottles into the FV with the new brew, fermented out and bottled. So I guess that this has been bottled for say five months.

Wow ! This beer of very dubious upbringing has carbonation, bubbles rising from the bottom of the glass to the top, a beautiful head, leaves foam down the glass as I drink it, it's hoppy, it has aroma, it heavy in alcohol, it's pleasantly bitter, lovely mouthfeel, it is really is delightful !

BUT I DONT HAVE A HOPE IN HELL OF REPRODUCING IT. WHAT A PITA '!!!!!

That reminds me of an old “Cheers” episode. The bartender Woody was trying to invent a cocktail. They were all pretty bad until he hit upon a winner. He was all happy until Norm asked him what was in it and he started crying.

I had one of those, I think everyone has. It was an orphan bottle, three or four months old. It was an amber with Munich base malt that accidentally developed a beautiful malt complexity.

Wait, what? You poured the beer that was pretty bad in to a fermentation bucket added more wort and yeast?
Right on, man! Glad you salvaged it at least.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

That's it, perhaps a double fermentation is the way to go when it has gone wrong.
Hang on, could this be a new method ? I hope not so much work.

Back