I have no clue

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

raptorkeeper89

Reaction score
Ok guys I need some advice. Made my first batch last Sunday the 13th. No issues with the brew. Pitched the yeast and same thing all went well. She started bubbling away by Monday morning and went strong all the way through Wednesday!!! Perfect right? Here is my question.

I was able to hold my temps around 68 on my primary from Sunday to Thursday. Come Friday my temps on the primary have dropped to around 62 and held there. Dang rain storm here in CA!!! Is this temp drop all that bad or am I just being worried brewbie? Thanks again for the help guys!!!

If the fermentation is still active, you're perfectly fine. Minor temperature variations like that really only make a difference if/when you start brewing lagers. Lager yeast is the spoiled princess of the yeast world, it sulks and shuts down if it's just a bit uncomfortable.

Most likely you will be fine. The main fermentation is probably over and now the yeast is just cleaning things up.

What yeast was it? A lot of ale yeasts are fine down to the high 50's. If you know what yeast it was just look on the website for that yeast and get the recommended temp range.

We all have worried about our early brews but they usually turn out fine.

This happened to me but got down to 40s. The Cold stopped fermentation. Yours will be ok though.

Back