I have carbonation!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jamison

Reaction score
:rockin: I was really starting to worry. It took a little more than month, but it finally happened. This was my first brew (a strong dark Belgian). I am really happy with how it turned out. It tastes a lot like the Brother Theolonious I had earlier today and I am drinking it warm. Pretty good size head, didn't last terribly long, but hopefully that will improve. 10 days ago all I got was a little hiss. Hope they don't become grenades! I may post a pic if I crack another one tonight. I am stoked.
I have my bottles in a rubbermaid tub in the warmest room in the house, which is the upstairs bathroom. I think the wife would probably like to see it gone back to my beer closet, which is only about 63 degrees. Should I let them incubate in the bathroom a while longer?
A pic will be coming when I pop the next one. Not sure when that will be as I am fighting a bad cold.

Remember, bigger beers take longer to carb and age. Let it sit another month, if you can, and it will be even better!:D

Back