I hate Rachel Ray, do you?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rachel Ray and HATE!!!!

• I really hate rachel ray, the world would be a better place without her opinions and cooking

• I dont like rachel ray but i wouldnt want her to get hit by a truck or anything

• I like Rachel Ray!

• Who is Rachel Ray?

Results are only viewable after voting.
i was always a Giada fan. Her cleavage is epic.
giada-delaurentiis-2-0807.jpg

I liked Rachel when she started out on the FN but I have a bit of disdain for her since she started her own talk show - extreme overexposure!

I met Rachel at a "freebie weenie" stand at a local Price Chopper about a decade (?) ago and at the time she was stunningly beautiful.

I can't stand them all. Bring back the Fat Ladies, Julia Child and some others. Get rid of these fools. I wouldn't want to see them get hit by a truck or anything, but they are not the epitome of culinary knowledge! In fact, most of them have yet to get any form of a clue when it comes to cooking.

I can't stand them all. Bring back the Fat Ladies, Julia Child and some others. Get rid of these fools. I wouldn't want to see them get hit by a truck or anything, but they are not the epitome of culinary knowledge! In fact, most of them have yet to get any form of a clue when it comes to cooking.
I think one of the fat ladies died - that is why it got canceled. I can't stand Mario Batali - he drives me frickin nuts!

but they are not the epitome of culinary knowledge!
That's the point of their shows! To show you don't have to be a chef to cook a decent meal quick for your family

Not everyone wants to watch a bunch of cooking shows about professional cooks performing technical recipes. We don't have all day to go food shopping for crazy ingredients and hours to prepare it. We want something quick that tastes good to go in our bellies before we run to soccer practice!

Like them or not, this IS what the majority of America wants to see on FN. They just had a special about the history of FN a week or so ago. It basically said how they really blew up once they started catering to normal people instead of high end cooking.

I think one of the fat ladies died - that is why it got canceled. I can't stand Mario Batali - he drives me frickin nuts!

Yeah she did (not sure which one) but you get my point. :D They were fun, knew what they were doing and didn't tell people how to make cake from a box. They offered people an education on technique rather than 'recipes'.

That's the point of their shows! To show you don't have to be a chef to cook a decent meal quick for your family

Not everyone wants to watch a bunch of cooking shows about professional cooks performing technical recipes. We don't have all day to go food shopping for crazy ingredients and hours to prepare it. We want something quick that tastes good to go in our bellies before we run to soccer practice!

Yes, but all the shows are like that now on the Food Network. That or competitions, which the only one I ever really liked that gave inspiration was the original Iron Chef. Alton Brown is one of the few in recent years that actually helps people learn technique. *shrug*.

Yes it's all about the masses. I know this, but I resist it with all my being.

[edit] and to that point, there is BMC (and no I am not on a bash here, just using it as an illustration) and there are micro's and then there are homebrewers. It's the same thing really just with a different medium. I personally don't brew because I want to duplicate someone else's work. Life is too short for boring beer and it certainly is too dayum short for boring food! :D I guess what really annoys me the most is that nearly all the programming has become centered around "junk" food tv rather than as a source of education. It's just another confirmation that most people don't care anymore and those that would think that Rachel Ray is the best you can get. She has her place, I'm not arguing that.

Wow, why didn't I see this before, my sentiments exactly:

"Complain all you want. It's like railing against the pounding surf. She only grows stronger and more powerful. Her ear-shattering tones louder and louder. We KNOW she can't cook. She shrewdly tells us so. So...what is she selling us? Really? She's selling us satisfaction, the smug reassurance that mediocrity is quite enough. She's a friendly, familiar face who appears regularly on our screens to tell us that "Even your dumb, lazy ass can cook this!" Wallowing in your own crapulence on your Cheeto-littered couch you watch her and think, "Hell...I could do that. I ain't gonna...but I could--if I wanted! Now where's my damn jug a Diet Pepsi?" Where the saintly Julia Child sought to raise expectations, to enlighten us, make us better--teach us--and in fact, did, Rachael uses her strange and terrible powers to narcotize her public with her hypnotic mantra of Yummo and Evoo and Sammys. "You're doing just fine. You don't even have to chop an onion--you can buy it already chopped. Aspire to nothing...Just sit there. Have another Triscuit..Sleep...sleep...""

[/edit]

Idiocracy is one of my favorite movies :fro:

Like them or not, this IS what the majority of America wants to see on FN. They just had a special about the history of FN a week or so ago. It basically said how they really blew up once they started catering to normal people instead of high end cooking.

I agree. I think Food Network has changed and will continue to change with what gets good reviews. Currently, the pulse of FN is more 'game show' orientated or quick and easy style shows. Iron Chef, Chopped, Throwdown, Next Food Network Star, and all the Challenge shows, etc.

Gone are the full hour uber-produced shows like Emeril Live and Cooking Live (Sara Moulton), Ming Tsai, Mario Batali. These are the chefs that made Food Network but like most programming, it has evolved/devolved (how ever you chose to classify it).

There arent many shows on currently that show technique in detail or help an amatuer or hobbyist chef learn new styles and techniques. If you really pay attention you can pick up somethings from Iron Chef but they aren't instructing or teaching directly.

Some of the full chef driven programs have moved to Fine Living but Food Network has a different atmosphere that it did 5 years ago.

I agree. I think Food Network has changed and will continue to change with what gets good reviews. Currently, the pulse of FN is more 'game show' orientated or quick and easy style shows. Iron Chef, Chopped, Throwdown, Next Food Network Star, and all the Challenge shows, etc.
QUOTE]

:off: kinda
I caught Chopped last night for the first time. Not bad. Neat idea.

I dislike Rachel Ray for her mannerisms and cutesy phrases (all of which have been mentioned). What made me absolutely sick of her is when I started seeing her freaking EVERYWHERE. On my cracker box, on my coffee cup, on 4 different tv shows, on the cover of every freaking magazine and tabloid. GO AWAY.

I miss The Frugal Gourmet and The Fat Ladies (they were hilarious). And +100000 on the weird boob thing with Rachel Ray - they look like the boobs people painted in the 1400s - weirdly round and not-attached, like she stuck two baseballs under her shirt, really high up. If I were cruising for some lady love, I'd be all over Nigella Lawson (and so would HWMO, so I guess we'd have to fight to the death).

As for her recipes, I have one of her books and everything I've cooked has been at least decent if not great (and went together in less than an hour).

I miss The Frugal Gourmet and The Fat Ladies (they were hilarious). And +100000 on the weird boob thing with Rachel Ray - they look like the boobs people painted in the 1400s - weirdly round and not-attached, like she stuck two baseballs under her shirt, really high up. If I were cruising for some lady love, I'd be all over Nigella Lawson (and so would HWMO, so I guess we'd have to fight to the death).

And this is why we love jmulligan. Srsly.

... I miss The Frugal Gourmet and The Fat Ladies (they were hilarious). ...
I liked the Frug; poor, dead perv.

The Two Fat Ladies have been mentioned and I could not watch that show simply b/c one of them was so f'ing ugly, she made me physically queasy. Seriously. For me, looking at her face was akin to opening one of the boxcars of the Dachau death train, stumbling into the horrible, bloody mess and smelling the decaying flesh!

two_eccentric_fat_ladies.jpg

they always had their hands in the pie too!!! fatties made me laugh, like two english trolls always joking and carrying on.

the cajun chef was good too, "I ga-ron-tee!"at! before larry the frikkin cable guy. i think he's since gone on to the ether as well...

there's another big lady, from the south on foodnetwork that makes some great dishes...

I don't buy for one minute that RR had anything wrong with her vocal cords.
Cigarettes and booze, plain and simple. Trying to fancify herself and all that, sheesh!!
Next thing you know she will start talking with some silly ass made up british accent.
AP
BTW, i would hit it, just to hear her talk dirty in that Pepperment Patty voice.

Sammie... EVOO... Yummo... And oh yeah, you have no culinary training? I'll take Alton Brown any day. At least he's entertaining.

I'll take Alton Brown any day. At least he's entertaining.

A few years ago I would have agreed with that, but he's been getting cheesier and more new-food-network-ified for a while now. Plus he was apparently sort of a prick to people in his little cross country, motorcyclin' show.

Did you see the meat pie episode of Good Eats? Oh god, it was horrible. In more recent episodes they try to put together some sort of story to drive the show. In the meat pie episode, they did a half-assed remake of Sweeney Todd with Alton as a traveler who stops in and helps Mrs. Lovett with her recipes. Just so, so bad....train wreck bad - I had to watch. I guess that's what sells, but it was just such an over the top zeitgeist-y wank fest.

Nigella still rocks. I give props to Sandra Lee just 'cause she ends every episode with a cocktail - it's fun to imagine she's a raging alcoholic off set. I like some of the competition stuff (like Chopped & that ultimate recipe thing, but Guy Flanori (whatever) is a ****** - the Billy Mays of the Food Network) just because there are some interesting ideas that people try to pull off. Ace of Cakes because that would be the best place to work, ever - bakin' and hanging out with art school chicks.

It's not what people want apparently, but I wish they still had old school style cooking shows. A chef or two in a studio without special guest stars or a huge live audience. The only ones they do in that style now, apart from Nigella and even that is her at home, are things like Rachel Ray and Sandra Lee. They used to have Cooking Live which was a cool idea, Molto Mario (kind of a tool, but he knows his stuff), Essence of Emeril (he actually showed how to clarify consomme with a protein raft - who else has done that on TV?), Sweet Dreams w/Gale Gand, and Chocolate w/Jacques Torres. Ming Tsai has had some awesome shows too - he would always make a master sauce, use it in two or three dishes, and then have a guest chef use it in a dish.

I guess it's not really for food nerds anymore, but I wish they'd at least air the old episodes of Julia Child and Jacques Pepin at 3am like they used to.

I really do not get too excited about any of the new "celebrity" chefs. Give me old school cooking shows like Beard, Tell, hell even Julia Child. To much foo-foo food going on with the food channel.
I was an Alchemist in the Army for almost 10 years, I was school trained to take perfectly good food and turn it into **** before it passed thru the human body.
Actually, I was a cook/baker, spent most of my time baking and sous cheffing the officer's clubs.
When I got out in 1980 I went to work for one of the biggest hotels in SoCal as a Pastry Chef. That lasted a couple years, I took numerous gold and silver medals in the Orange Empire Chefs Association culinary arts shows. They liked my breads and french pastries. Back then as now the resturant/hotels paid squat for long hours hard work and no excuse deadlines.
I decided to go back to school and get a real job to make some money so have been in engineering for the past 25 years.
I never looked back.
Now, Rachel, get in the kitchen and bake me a pie, bit*h.
AP

Me, very easily. She is just as annoying as Rachel Ray. There is one worse though... Sandra Lee she makes Ray look like a professional chef :mad:.

+10000! Seriously that woman is like nails on a chalkboard. Paula Dean is so damned fake country her lips don't even touch when she talks, its just vowels.

Plus, she is flat out freaky lookin. Look at one of her magazines, she looks plastic and fake.

Rachel..... I can take her and leave her. When she's talkin, I'll leave her, but I can think of a few ways I'd like to take her :ban:

I don't think any one has mentioned Bobby Flay.... UUUUUGGGGGHHHHH! Talked about an overexposed egomaniac. And he calls what he does BBQ??? BLASPHEMY! F#@k Throwdown, someone should throw him down some stairs.

I don't think any one has mentioned Bobby Flay.... UUUUUGGGGGHHHHH! Talked about an overexposed egomaniac. And he calls what he does BBQ??? BLASPHEMY! F#@k Throwdown, someone should throw him down some stairs.

I never paid much attention to Flay until a couple of years ago, when he did a Super Bowl pre-game thing. He was supposed to do foods representing Chicago and Indianapolis.
He did Italian Beef for Chicago, and put MUSTARD on the sandwich (THAT is blasphemy around here ! It's dipped or dry. Nothing else.) and corn dogs for Indy. Apparantly, he didn't do his rsearch, because corn dogs were(allegedly) invented in Springfield...Illinois.

+10000! Seriously that woman is like nails on a chalkboard. Paula Dean is so damned fake country her lips don't even touch when she talks, its just vowels.

Plus, she is flat out freaky lookin. Look at one of her magazines, she looks plastic and fake.

Rachel..... I can take her and leave her. When she's talkin, I'll leave her, but I can think of a few ways I'd like to take her :ban:

Paula is so fake and adding 2lbs of butter to everything does not mean southern cooking. Her accent is so fake and grating I want to punch her in the face

seriously, I know some good country cooks and Paula Dean isn't it.

And now, they have added Gina Neely and her henpecked P-Wipped husband. Seriously dude, grow a pair and shut that woman up!

And these are supposed to be a real BBQ family? Of the few episodes I could stomach they did little to impress me. My favorite was the Strawberry Shorcut Cake, she cooked a BOXED cake mix and poured jello over it? Are you F'n kidding me? I guess Food Network has completely given up on real chefs and actual cooking.

I still love Alton, even if he has gotten a little too theatrical. He at least teaches you something, even if he takes the long road to get there sometimes. Have you seen his Concord juice commercials? He looks like a wacko! I was never impressed with his Feasting on Asphalt though, he always came off as seeming really smug.

And back To Rachel...

is she annoying? yes. does she use even more annoying sayings? yes. Can she cook? Not really.

but come on, if a woman that looks like this walked up to you on the street, you gonna turn it down?

2400432946_1237544a97.jpg

but come on, if a woman that looks like this walked up to you on the street, you gonna turn it down?

2400432946_1237544a97.jpg

I don't think see looks like that anymore... Someone get that girl a gym membership!

I always liked watching Jamie Oliver when they had his show "The Naked Chef." That's how I learned how to make a curry.

Well maybe its just me then, I think shes hot..... up until she say EVOOO, or Sammy, or god forbid... YUMMO :rolleyes:

I'm just sayin if you didnt have a predetermined disliking for the woman, and saw her for the first time most would think shes a good looking woman. Or, maybe your standards are too high? ;)

I'm just sayin if you didnt have a predetermined disliking for the woman, and saw her for the first time most would think shes a good looking woman. Or, maybe your standards are too high? ;)

going off looks alone: weird boobs, bobble-butt, a mouth like a snake ingesting a horse.......i'll pass.

....but to each their own ;)

I'd expect this kind of derision about Ann Coulter, but really, is RR doing that much damage to your lives?

Heck, Paula Abdul is doing more of a disservice to humanity that Rachel.

Geez, such hate. The color on that dress is awful, but the cleavage is nice! And I know this is a fark meme, but it so goes well with all you haters...

nothitit.jpg

Honestly, if she showed up and wanted to get plowed, I'd hitch up the big boy pants and get to business.

If I had a choice between her and any other celeb, I don't think she'd be on the top of the list.

"Wait there, I'll be with you in a couple hours. Warm up some chicken wings and get me a beer while I take care of this. K? THXS!"

Back