i hate my co-workers so much...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

l3uerger

Reaction score
I hate my co-workers so much... that i haven't needed a jacket all winter because the rage keeps me toasty warm.

Tell me of the clowns you all work with perhaps it will make me feel better.

l3uerger said:
I hate my co-workers so much... that i haven't needed a jacket all winter because the rage keeps me toasty warm.

"Just remember, they're not your friends, they're people you work with, they'll screw you in a minute." --- Ben Franklin 1776

joejaz said:
"Just remember, they're not your friends, they're people you work with, they'll screw you in a minute." --- Ben Franklin 1776

BF used the word "screw?" True enough though.

rdwj said:
Boy, I was expecting an epic rant! How 'bout some details!?!?!?

No sh*t.

I'll help: there's a girl in my office who I happened to know in college, she was in my design studio a couple times. Nice girl, my wife and I are friends with her and her husband. But she's also kind of scatterbrained...and preggo right now too. So a couple weeks back, my boss is going crazy. Turns out that the girl had given the wrong floor plans for these condo units to the marketing folks, and so the plans (and accompanying square footages) were wrong. Wouldn't be such a big deal if all the posters and brochures hadn't already been printed. So here we are, facing 5 grand in reprinting charges because she wasn't paying attention.

But that's not the worst of it...

She's also in the grips of a horrible flu/virus thing, and is hacking nonstop. The last place she should be is the office. But she felt so embarrassed (and worried about her job security) over her screwup that she kept coming into work to try to make up for it or whatever. despite repeated requests from us (including the principle), she just kept on coming to work..."toughing it out"....not really giving a f*ck that she was exposing the rest of us to her viruses. Luckily my office is across the space from her cube, but a couple people around her ended up sick. ****** move! Come on, you screwed up...get over it...coming into work when you can hardly stand---and putting your unborn child at risk at the same time---is retarded. :mad:

Most of my co-workers are cool....a bunch of type A people but you get used to it after a while.

We have a really lazy dude that thinks he is some kind of supervisor due to his job title but he wields absolutely no power. Busy Bee mentality....no one works as hard as him. :rolleyes: Lately I've had problems just looking at him...I could have spit nails the other day have talking to him.

CatchinZs said:
Most of my co-workers are cool....a bunch of type A people but you get used to it after a while.

We have a really lazy dude that thinks he is some kind of supervisor due to his job title but he wields absolutely no power. Busy Bee mentality....no one works as hard as him. :rolleyes: Lately I've had problems just looking at him...I could have spit nails the other day have talking to him.

That actually perfectly summs up my situation except thats just the suck up to the supervisor, the supervisor is an uneducated housewife that thinks of all of us as her children that don't do anything ever biggest martyr i have ever met in my life... she walks around trying to boss around other people she has absolutely no power over and is just a gigantic two faced ass in generall.... and thats just the tip of the ice burg. my department head is a ****ing idiot can't deal with any confrontation says yes to every single request made of my department no matter how rediculous and steals stock constantly to give to his church or boyscout troop and then writes it off as a charitable donation... even worse then that my previously nonprofit company recently sold out to a for profit company and they are the worst kind of fake corprate ******** who care absolutely nothing for the costomer and are out only to make money at any cost... the other day they took all of out supervisors and managers and had them in a "leadership" meeting for hours while the rest of us scrambled around like chickens trying to get all the work for the day done. i worked in every part of my department that day alongside the suckup i hate most of all i even got to do all the work for my supervisor who got to leave early because there is no allowance in the budget for overtime since the thieving department head gets to keep as a bonus whatever money is left in the budget needless to say that means there is no quality in the product what so ever. I need a new job in the worst way.:mad:

tell ya what come teache first grade. deal w/ parents (easy) adn then deal w/ the women,

you'll trade in a sec.

i feel your pain.

I work with a bunch of raging incompentents. Their are 2 or 3 people that I can really depend on. The customers however...

"This job would be great if it wasnt for the f^%*ing customers" -Clerks

I love my co-workers. No Lie. When you work at a liquor store, the people you work with love beer too.

Greg

Out of 20 people in the office there is one I have told to keep away from me.
I've had his boss in the office and told him I'll not accept his attitude and it is bad for his heath and safety if he continues to behave like that near me. He can't deal with pressure and starts ranting and raving and pointing fingers. He can't take news he doesn't like to hear.
His department don't like working with him and independently several people have called him a knob.

He now communicates through his boss which is fine by me.
The rest of the guys are cool(ish) including the MD.

edit: PUI.

If the pictures in the "Post Your Ugly Mug" thread are to be believed, Orfy works for Her Majesty's Secret Service as a 00 agent.

touchy 00rfy?

I work in IT- If I have done my job there is literally nothing for me to do. So why do people insist that I need to be busy all the time?

I made the mistake of thinking my co-workers were my friends... then I got screwed... horribly screwed to the point where I considered leaving this job...

But I had to take a long hard look at myself and realize this isn't about me, I have a family depending on me to put food on the table and provide a roof over their heads... Now i come in, do my work, make nice-nice with everyone here, but at the end of the day I know that these people are only co-workers and nothing more.

My real friends are the one's that don't give a shyt what I do at work.

l3uerger said:

Tell me of the clowns you all work with perhaps it will make me feel better.
AND where is it that you work????
JJ

MikeFlynn74 said:
I work in IT- If I have done my job there is literally nothing for me to do. So why do people insist that I need to be busy all the time?

I'm with you. When they come to me I just want to say...."My $hit works...does yours?"

I pretty much like everyone I work with, but not many of the people I work for.

We have someone who is the ultimate butt-snorkeler. This person can't forecast (I work in a weather forecasting unit) their way out of a wet paper bag, but takes all of the easy off-duty jobs like "safety manager" and "fitness monitor", and gets accoladed by the commander as a can't do anything wrong blessing of the air force.

Meanwhile, the rest of us are actually doing our jobs get **** on when it comes time to get any credit.

Moral of the rant, I hate the losers who can't do their job but if they get enough snorkeling time in front of the boss, the actual work that matters gets overlooked.

MikeFlynn74 said:
touchy 00rfy?

I used to hate that when I was the IT dork for the cable company.

"Are there any outages?, is the headend up to date? Yes?, then GO AWAY!"

Dude said:
Moral of the rant, I hate the losers who can't do their job but if they get enough snorkeling time in front of the boss, the actual work that matters gets overlooked.

I think the military actually fosters that type of person. I've seen so many axx-kissers in my career that don't know jack about their job, but like you said, take on so many extra responsibilities that they rate a better evaluation than Jesus.

I do hate those type of people.

I think the military actually fosters that type of person. I've seen so many axx-kissers in my career that don't know jack about their job, but like you said, take on so many extra responsibilities that they rate a better evaluation than Jesus.

I do hate those type of people.

It totally does- However I love gloating to those assclowns about how im 2 stripes ahead of them.

I work in city government. Planning and Permits.

For the most part it's an easy job but it is the co-worker that make it hard.

We have those who are laid back and could care less as long as the task at hand is getting done at a reasonable pace.

We have management Nazi's, knobs, and a few that really don't have a clue.

We have the hard workers that are convinced they are the only ones doing it right but have no real authority other than seniority.

And we have the slackers. Those who think thta since they are in a government position they can coast (and for the most part do) by doing as little as possible and taking off every chance they get.

It's true that it dsoes take a pretty big screw up to get fired from a government job.

And then you have the customers. Some real ******** who are convinced that we are their slaves cause they paid taxes last year that supposedly cover our checks. Man the number of times I have heard "I pay your check" that I have deparately fought to not reply "Well, I don't see your signature on it"

MikeFlynn74 said:
It totally does- However I love gloating to those assclowns about how im 2 stripes ahead of them.

For now you are two stripes ahead. Once they climb into bed with more upper echelon they will pass you. Have seen it way too many times.

I work in an emergency room and my coworkers are actually great. I work the night shift and we will back each other up. To work where I work you have to be part of the team and if your not you will soon learn you are not welcome there.

They all love the fact that im brewing beer now and have so many questions on how its done so when we get a slow night we sit around talking about beer.

buckrogers71 said:
tell ya what come teache first grade. deal w/ parents (easy) adn then deal w/ the women,

you'll trade in a sec.

i feel your pain.

Is anybody else as terrified by this post as I am? Let's hope you're just druck. :cross:

both my supervisor's and a manager are women i think i know exactly what he means

Bah, I work with the biggest selections of a$$clowns this side of the Mississippi. I work at a hell desk, where nobody in our Tier1 group has any technical skill. They were all hired for their customer service ability (ie: NONE) and can't answer basic questions about software they've worked with for 2 years now. The boss fosters this all, in spite of the fact we've never had a problem with customer service skill from the real techies that worked here, now all the people with any skill are leaving for $10-15k more a year at the building next door and this company is going down faster than that NY Governor's hooker.

I've got one dude who hasn't done a stich of work in 3 years, and he wonders why everyone hates him. I've got a stereotypical type who uses her 'female, minority' status to ensure that no matter how much she screws up, she'll never be fired. I've got a masseuse and a beaty pageant contestant who just started - neither of them know how to turn on their own computer in the morning, yet work in a hell desk answering technical application support questions from users.

Our management is right near the biggest tard of all. You go to him with a question, a concern, or even a bright idea (or a quippy little comeback to one of his retarded ass questions), and all you get out of him is a stupid grin. He just sits there with a stupid half cocked smile and won't say anything. Then everyone just gets real nervous and starts talking about the weather just to stop him from staring at you with that goofy damn grin.

Boss: "Hey Jez, what are you doing this morning?"
Me: "Looking for a new job, how bout a recommendation?"
Boss: stupid grin
<2 minutes later>
Me: "So, I'm working on project x"
Boss: "OK" <walks away>

i recommend just reminding yourself everyday that none of the corporate BS actually means anything. companies like yours will always surprise you just when you think they can't make an even dumber move they go right ahead and prove you wrong. it sounds terrible but complete apathy is how i made it through my day today. Ride it till the wheels fall of or go next door.

Back