I forgot how easy this is!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thezepster

Reaction score
Ive been brewing all grain for about a year now and before that I did a few extract batches. I just moved into a new apartment and decided to do an extract brew for fun and man is that nice! Barely anything to clean, setup, or take down. Im going to be doing a lot more of these from now on.

That's the beauty of it-simplicity. But there are so many different DME's,LME's,yeasts,hops,& other additives out there,That they can all be made into many different brews. Then you can add steeping grains as well. Not to mention,faster than all day.

yep.. I've been doing AG and am planning to do a few extract batches again as well. I can't seem to keep my pipeline full with the AG batches.. just not enough time.. I could do an extract batch in a couple hours easy... heck.. I could do that in a normal evening evan on a work night. :) I think I'm going to need more fermentation space soon :)

i'm switching back to extract during the summer. i love all grain, and would do it if i had more time. but i'll be really busy this summer and i still want to brew, so extract it is. i'm not too sad about it, i remember having some pretty tasty beers from extracts!

BIAB is pretty nice too! I still do it outside, but it's so much more convenient than a 3 vessel system, especially with heavy keggles and stands. I haven't been back on that system in at least my last 3 brews.

I'm a great admirer of the KISS system-Keep It Simple Stoopid! Less expense for me,being retired. Saves money,can steep some grains if I like,& spend a couple of hours making a good beer.
Three thumbs up from Gary at Home Brewer TV tells me I'm doing something right! And all extract brews have won national competitions. So who says we can't make good beer with'em?...:tank:

Back