I feel like a proud parent

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My first beer is now bottled and fermentation went fairly smooth, 1.055OG down to 1.01FG, spent a week in the primary then two weeks in the secondary with some hops.

HOWEVER! My proudest moment came last night, my second brew, an IIPA of 1.095OG has been sitting in the primary for 16 days now and it's still bubbling once every 45 seconds or so. I know that doesn't necessarily mean a whole lot, at least not as much as a hydrometer reading but I'm holding off until airlock activity has stopped. I feel just like a proud parent, my wife makes fun of me but I'm not bothered. I just know deep inside that my IIPA is going to be a glorious, delicious beer.

I'm so excited... lol

I just had to post this..derp :ban:

LOL as much as you like.
I'm the same, my last big brew day resulted in five separate one gallon brews, I had them in my kitchen, all bubbling away, the entertainment was fantastic, almost musical, it's been suggested that I use different size air locks or bubble systems to get different sounds from the gas for more musical attraction, I am still working on it.
My wife also laughs at me, but I have also caught her watching, listening, yes just like proud parents .
Blip Blop Bloop Bip Blup

I know how you feel! I am brewing the Pliny the Elder clone IIPA... and as of this morning (day 17), I still heard some burping going on. Hoping to be able to start dry hopping this weekend.

Latest posts

Back