I feel for you guys...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

509inc

Reaction score
Come August 1st you poor bastards will have to deal with me. I took a promotion that involved a relocation to the Twin Cities. Hopefully I can find a brew club in the area.

Oh yeah anyone in the area have a canoe for sale? I heard there is 69k miles of river up there and I plan to paddle all of it.

Well your moving to a town where the 2 LHBSs are Midwest and Northern Brewer. I don't do the club thing, but i hear there is a strong club in town.
We have 10,000 lakes around here (17,000 actually) so we tend to canoe lakes more than rivers. I'll be of to the BWCAW on Friday for a quick 4 day trip.
No, you can't have my canoes.....:cross:

Is that what we Minnesotans do... is canoe lakes not rivers? Works for me. I've been searching craiglist and it looks like I will have no problem finding one. So your canoes are safe. I am excited to get back to the the Twin Cities again. Spent 3 months there last year and had a blast. Although during that 3 months of trying I couldnt get into a Friday night tour at Surly.:confused:

I live just west of Minneapolis, what area are you going to be living/working in. Way west metro is where my brew club is, small but growing right around 30 members. There is also the Minnesota Homebrewers Association, they are a very large club but host a campout the Rennaisance fair brew comp and have a ton of events. They meet mostly in St. Paul from what I remember. Then there is the St. Paul brew club, Cloudy Town brew club, and 2 or three others. Plenty to choose from.

Minnesota Homebrewers Association Membership Card = 10% off at Northern Brewer and Midwest Supplies in store purchases, definately worth the $15 annual membership. They also have some fun events.

The plan is to move into the Eden Prairie area and I will be working off France & 494.

Minnesota Homebrewers Association Membership Card = 10% off at Northern Brewer and Midwest Supplies in store purchases, definately worth the $15 annual membership.

Oh yeah that is the jam right there.

Minnesota has some beautiful rivers... One of the few things I miss about Minnesota is the paddling. Good luck with your move.

Back