I dont like...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

grasshopperfirestarter

Reaction score
Is there anything about beer, brewing or something related to the hobby you dont like?

For me, I dont like when I take a sip from my glass and the condensation drips off and lands on me! I really dont like when I see a hair on my pint glass!

Cheers!

I don't like it when my full pint glass slips from my hand and spills all over the place including my shoes!!!

I don't like it when the beer uneducated/semi-educated try to tell you how the bear shizzles in the woods when it comes to anything beer related because they watched that 'shine "reality" show once.

-Cleaning and sanitizing.
-When ingrates drink all your beer without as much as a thank you.
-When you get a scoresheet back from a competition and you're certain the judges were not tasting your beer.
-The shame of dumping a bad batch
-The moment after you finish the last sip of a great batch
-"You love beer more than you love me"
-"You drink too much"

Seeing someone leave a half a glass of my fine homebrew in a glass on the table. That **** was work, you drink it and pretend to like it, dude. Then you thank me profusely for bestowing my liquid ****ing gold on your undeserving, sniveling, bud light soiled joke of a palate. Smile, then leave *****.

Trying to crawl into my upside down MLT to scrap out hot grains while my buddy tries (not hard enough) from bonking it on my head.

Post-brewing put away. It's been a long day and everything is washed, but i can't put it away until it dries out. The next day there's stuff everywhere and coming home from work... ugh.

Billy-Klubb said:
I don't like it when the beer uneducated/semi-educated try to tell you how the bear shizzles in the woods when it comes to anything beer related because they watched that 'shine "reality" show once.

This

- After cleaning your brewing pots n cooler finding grains still stuck in hidden spots the next time you brew.
- Getting board with your current beer on tap. Then after it runs out craving more of it.

-Cleaning and sanitizing all the equipment involved.

^^This. I had to go re-buy equipment because I let it sit too long in the 'cleaning solution.' all cheap plastic stuff and I didn't want to take any chances.

I absolutely loathe delabeling bottles. But I equally loathe putting beer into a bottle with a label.

I wish I could afford a kegging system... :-\

I don't like all the hauling a ton of brewing stuff into the kitchen,brew,clean the kitchen up. Then drag it all back into the brewery/man cave to get it into the fermenter/put away,etc. This is usually late afternoon/evening by this point. Next morning more cleaning,wiping down,storing. If the yeast are doing all the work,how come I'm the one that's tired?? :drunk::D

Seeing someone leave a half a glass of my fine homebrew in a glass on the table. That **** was work, you drink it and pretend to like it, dude. Then you thank me profusely for bestowing my liquid ****ing gold on your undeserving, sniveling, bud light soiled joke of a palate. Smile, then leave *****.

Yes! I only give ppl home brew on the condition they drink all of it

That more fine beer bars don't off flights on a daily bases. Sometimes I just want to try new beers or I just don't feel like a full glass of Anything.

He fact that in Georgia I can't by a growler from the brewery during a tasting.

That I don't have the space to brew as much as I would like. Haha

Brewing in the wind.

A close second. Passing on brewing on a wonderful wind-free day only to get stuck brewing on a crap-ass windy day because I was too lazy to do it until I had to do it.

grasshopperfirestarter said:
I walk in my store, wanting something new and stare at beers for 20 minutes just to walk out with snpa

Haha. I do the same thing with fat tire.

What I don't like ( and my wife hates me for it too) is that I can never just enjoy a new beer. I always have to like critique it and try and figure out it's flavors as well as stating how I would make it better. I have to have a beer like 3 times before I can just sit an enjoy it without thinking about it.

giving a buddy a six pack to take home only to have to pest him for the next year and a half to get your bottles back and when you do finally get them back, there is mold and cigarette butts in the bottom of them cause he never rinsed them out when he poured them. Yes its a run on sentence and no, I really don't care!

Cleaning and sanitizing!

Wondering if I got everything out of my plate chiller.

And worst pulling the tap handle and getting the dreaded hiss of the empty keg!

A batch that turns out to taste bad. Not anything wrong procedure or cleaning-wise, just a crap recipe;
Followed by a crap batch due to crap ingredients

Taking it in to co-workers to be swell, then going back a week later and the bottles are still there, full, under office lights, warm, etc:mad:
(of course, the flip side is the smiles of joy on the faces of those who love it, appreciate it, and look forward to more)

Bottling is the most tedious, but my son loves to help with the caps (he's 4) so it's fun as long as he doesn't kick anything over.

"You're brewing MORE beer?"
uh, yeah

Sediment and crap floating in the commercial beers im trying to "learn" from.

Not having enough time to brew and resorting to buying commercial beers to "learn" from.

Having to hold bottles of commercial beers up to a light to check for floaties.

Fruity belgians

Not having a brew stand and having to haul stuff from the porch to the kitchen and back. Boil pot for a 7.5 gallon post boil batch is a nut buster.

The fly that was floating in the cooled wort of my last two batches.

A batch that turns out to taste bad. Not anything wrong procedure or cleaning-wise, just a crap recipe;
Followed by a crap batch due to crap ingredients

I had this happen to me recently. It was totally bad ingredients. Don't brew a helles with Rahr pils and Saflager 34/70 and expect it to turn out any good...Rahr pils tastes like ass.
Sad.
I guess I don't like that we have to be so sanitary, as well. I think the main thing I don't like is having to chill the wort down cool enough before pitching the yeast and controlling the fermentation temperature. Just wish we could chill it down to 75F, pitch the yeast and ferment at whatever ambient is in the house and still make the same good beer. But nope! It's not so easy...

I don't like broken glass. Also when some of my frie nd s st ar t telling me what I'm doing wrong like usimg plastic buckets.

Not having the milling/manufacturing facilities necessary to build the equipment that I can dream of.

Cleaning,
Not having a LHBS next door,
Not having enough space, my truck will never see the inside of my garage again.

That the only homebrew store within a hundred miles of me is closed on weekends

Back