I did it ALL wrong, for science!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, the best way to describe it is pumpkin pie cider. It's ok by itself, more of a novelty. I add a good squeeze of lemon or orange juice and it gives it some needed sweetness. I think with out the pumpkin and spices and a bit more malt and hops it would be a true beer.

So, I moved to Portland area and had this stuff in storage for 2 months while I was getting settled. It's not much better. Has a real cider flavor going on. It's drinkable but it closer to hooch and than beer. None the less I learned a lot and if for no other reason it was worth it.

On a much better note, I will be brewing a 48ibu IPA today, MMMMM real home brew. I can't wait. In the meant time there is no shortage of good beer up here in Cascadiea.

The taste of my crazy batch was similar to my first batch of spiced blueberry mead after a month. So if the experimental batch would have aged for a lot longer it would have probable started to taste ok.

So what that says to me is that the sugars, spices and pumpkin were over done. My other attempts at failure may not have done much of anything.

Any ways keep on brewing my friends.

Latest posts

Back