I couldn't help myself

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

phatuna

Reaction score
It has been 95F here in San Diego and I just popped this bad boy open:

BM's centinial blonde ale topped with 3.5lbs of fresh cherries:
https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f66/centennial-blonde-simple-4-all-grain-5-10-gall-42841/
MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM
cherry.jpg

CHerrs!!

There is a hint of cherry aroma and just a little cherry flavor. This was my 1st fruit beer and I was looking for just a very faint taste.

If you wanted more cherry, you could definetely go w/ say 1lb per gallon. But this was the perfect amount for my taste buds.

I used 100% sweet cherries (I think they are called Bing) from my market.

I froze, then thawed them twice, destemmed and pitted. Put them in a pot and put them on the stove and warmed them up to 170 F. cooled them off and put into the secondary for 7 days.

Wish I liked cherries, cause that looks really tasty! Color is especially appealing.

Looks great, especially the color! So far I haven't loved any commercial fruit beers I've tried. But one of these days I'm going to brew one for SWMBO.

Go Bolts!

I'm the same way, I have never enjoyed a commercial fruit beer. The only reason that I made this was to hide some of my mistakes that I made brewing.

Horrible efficiency so I had to add a lot of DME, missed my desired volume etc.

The taste of this one is ok, very refreshing. But the color is great :)

I just finished off my last ready bottle of BM's Centennial Blonde. Pining for it already.

Luckily, I have a fresh batch I bottled last week. Two more weeks of waiting! Anybody want to take bets whether I'll make those two weeks?

I just finished off my last ready bottle of BM's Centennial Blonde. Pining for it already.

Luckily, I have a fresh batch I bottled last week. Two more weeks of waiting! Anybody want to take bets whether I'll make those two weeks?

I'll take the under.

Latest posts

Back