i cant believe i let it get to this point

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

strat_thru_marshall

Reaction score
i just realized, while attempting to hook up a keg to replace one that kicked, that 4 out of the 8 kegs in my keezer are empty, 1 is a dumper that ive been putting off, 2 are high-gravity beers that need to be bottled and aged for a year so they lose the jet fuel quality, and 1 is about to kick...

holy crap, i need to get some beers into some kegs. :drunk::drunk: anybody else ever all of a sudden realize that your pipeline is about to collapse?

i just realized, while attempting to hook up a keg to replace one that kicked, that 4 out of the 8 kegs in my keezer are empty, 1 is a dumper that ive been putting off, 2 are high-gravity beers that need to be bottled and aged for a year so they lose the jet fuel quality, and 1 is about to kick...

holy crap, i need to get some beers into some kegs. :drunk::drunk: anybody else ever all of a sudden realize that your pipeline is about to collapse?

Had an old friend over to check out the kegerator. Had one tap empty, one tap of soda, one tap with only about 1 glass of a stout I was saving, and one with an IPA. I tried to get a sample of the IPA, but only got a half a glass before launching CO2 foam at me. Very sad moment... I thought the keg was at least half full.

I did the same a while ago.. I was convinced there was 2+ gallons in there, went to pour a friend a glass and whoosh ! I hate it when that happens.... I checked the lines and reg etc... Then figured out it was empty !!!

Done it many times.. I've got a 4 tap keezer and I swear I've almost never actually had 4 beers on tap at once. It seems like by the time I get the 4th beer on tap, a keg is kicked. I'm trying to be better about it this time. I've already got 20 gallons in the garage in various stages, only one of which is actually a tapped keg (1 week on tap so far, so still a fresh keg). I've already bought the ingredients for a smoked porter and some pale ale or an esb (haven't decided which I'm going to do yet). So hopefully I'll have 10-15 gallons on reserve the next time a keg is emptied.

For some reason, the first pull of the night is when I kick my kegs. It rarely happens during a session..

Done it many times.. I've got a 4 tap keezer and I swear I've almost never actually had 4 beers on tap at once. It seems like by the time I get the 4th beer on tap, a keg is kicked.

I'm in the same boat. 4-tap fridge, yet I never seem to be able to keep them all full and ready to go. I too am working to fix it though, and have recently switched to brewing 10 gallon batches with the hopes of brewing enough to keep the fridge full with a backup ready to roll. Now... if only I could stop having friends over who enjoy the beer.

Sounds to me like you need to put your new brew stand to work.

+1 for bottling.

I know (almost) excatly how much beer I have :)

HEH :mug: I hear ya! Although I'm just starting to keg (I only have one keg) but I think I'm still going to keep bottling and this is one of many reasons. Altho I'm going to do everything in my power to keep my keg full too! no such thing as to much beer.

Sounds to me like you need to put your new brew stand to work.

man no joke. The build time + regular life has kept me from brewing as much as I want to. I did get some beer into kegs last night though, now I have 8 full kegs, but all my carboys are empty. Brew session this weekend.

man no joke. The build time + regular life has kept me from brewing as much as I want to. I did get some beer into kegs last night though, now I have 8 full kegs, but all my carboys are empty. Brew session this weekend.

We should schedule another 20+ gal brewday. If I remember correctly both batches won awards.

Haha, empty kegs or empty carboys. If its not one thing its another. We brewers have it rough.

Mine are all empty now kinda sucks. Once I have some extra cash I will have a pipeline again...

Back