I am such a dork

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alemonkey

Reaction score
So I'm sitting here drunk because work sucked today, and I'm watching History Channel International. There's a show on about the history of cannons. Anyone else think the history channel rules? I remember a year or so ago the History Channel had Barbarian Week, and my dad and I got all geeked up over it and called each other on the phone about it. My mom and my wife both thought we were idiots.

like I said, I'm drunk:tank:

History channel and discovery are pretty much the only good stuff on tv since speed tv went to nascrap.

Since I've got the 'puter tonight, the wife has the remote. Since both are in the living room, I've been suffering through Gilmore Girls and Veronica Mars all night. Aigh...

the_bird said:
Since I've got the 'puter tonight, the wife has the remote. Since both are in the living room, I've been suffering through Gilmore Girls and Veronica Mars all night. Aigh...

DORK!!! :)

I know, I know... God, I don't know why, but I have this visceral hatred of Veronica Mars, the show just pisses me off. But, it was my decision to put the 'puter in the living room, and the rule is - control of 'puter or control of 'mote. This keeps her from getting pissed at my spending the night on HBT (so you won't usually see me on here when Mythbusters is on...)

the_bird said:
Headphones. Either for you or even better, for the wife.
Either way, headphones. Nobody should have to listen to Gilmore Girls. Nobody.

alemonkey said:
Anyone else think the history channel rules?

like I said, I'm drunk:tank:

Drunk, sober, doesn't matter. History Channell and Discovery and TLC is pretty much all that's worth watching that's not sports- related.

glibbidy said:
Um.....Doesn't anyone watch the weather channel anymore?

5 minutes a day (at the absolute most) hardly constitutes "watching TV", imho.

I do enjoy watching the Hitler Channel.

In addition to that, the "Disco" channel (discovery), TLC, and sports are just about all that I watch. That's about all there is that's worth watching. Except for the occasional show on PBS and also, since I like falling asleep with the TV on, I watch Animal Planet since its the only station that doesn't start showing infomercials in the middle of the night...

How about the Food Network? That's one of my favorites, although I rarely watch TV.

History Channel is one of the best channels.
not a big fan of Modern Marvels or that show where they talk about big machines. basically i dont like when theyre talking about modern stuff...i want history on the history channel

Hey Alemonkey, Channels 41 thru 52 are the only good ones. Discovery, TLC, animal, history, bravo yadda yadda.

Those are the only good ones, oh, and the food channel

Why do you people keep persist in calling it the "History" channel? Don't you know it's actually called the HITLER channel?

Well... except for those rare times when they feature the Japanese theatre of WWII. Then it's the Hirohito channel.

Toot said:
Why do you people keep persist in calling it the "History" channel? Don't you know it's actually called the HITLER channel?

Well... except for those rare times when they feature the Japanese theatre of WWII. Then it's the Hirohito channel.

I beg to differ!! My bro-in-law is one of the HC's programming directors (cool, huh?!! Yeah, I live in Geek City... :ban: ). It used to be "the Hitler Channel", but he came over about 3-4 years ago, along with a lot of other folks b/c HC wanted to change some things up. I think it's way better now that there's a broader scope, 'course I might be a little biased. ;)

Funny thing is that we don't even HAVE teevee. I watch whenever I'm traveling or at a friend's house. My bro-in-law thinks it's hilarious.

Sure! He's always eager to hear suggestions. What the hell...the worst he'll do is tell me that I'm a complete loon.

Like that's way off the mark or anything... :fro:

Mythbusters
Dirty Jobs
Man vs. Wild
I Shouldn't Be Alive

Yeah the Discovery Channel pretty much owns my Tivo... I also like some Travel Channel shows like No Reservations, but that show is on hiatus until the new year.

Good call on Man vs. Wild. That show is AWESOME!!!!!

And yeah... I third the nomination for more History of Beer!!!!

I also like the history of sex and shows like that... they're always fun to watch with the girlfriend.

MythBusters RULES! Any show where they routinely blow stuff up just for fun is OK. Which reminds me - Brainiac on Midnight Spank - the G4 channel.

Reverend JC said:
Hey Alemonkey, Channels 41 thru 52 are the only good ones. Discovery, TLC, animal, history, bravo yadda yadda.

Those are the only good ones, oh, and the food channel

Well, I have satellite because I can't stand paying 20 bucks more for the same channels. :D So for me it's more like 265-285 or something like that.

My only complaint about the History Channel is I wish it had more obscure history - it seems like it's pretty much WWII, Roman, and Medieval history. I'd like to see more stuff about ancient cultures we don't hear much about. Still the best channel on TV, though.

I wonder why most women aren't interested in it? I don't see it as a "guy" thing, just as intelligent programming. My wife has no patience for it whatsoever. She likes to watch MTV and the Soap network. I can't stand that stuff - it's about as inane as it gets.

alemonkey said:
My only complaint about the History Channel is I wish it had more obscure history - it seems like it's pretty much WWII, Roman, and Medieval history. I'd like to see more stuff about ancient cultures we don't hear much about. Still the best channel on TV, though.

I wonder why most women aren't interested in it? I don't see it as a "guy" thing, just as intelligent programming. My wife has no patience for it whatsoever. She likes to watch MTV and the Soap network. I can't stand that stuff - it's about as inane as it gets.

They had something pretty cool on the Mayans last night, and I dug the show on Carthage that was on recently with Robocop hosting...

And I feel your pain on Soapnet. However I don't have the MTV problem. There might be lawyers involved if I had to put up with that. I did get SWMBO to watch the history on the Kennedy Family however. I took that as a good sign. :D

Ize

Back