Hyrdrometer Reading & Transfer to Bottling Bucket

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

streetbs

Reaction score
Howdy,

Two questions for post fermentation. I'm planning on doing both a primary and secondary fermentation (I know some on here prefer only primary but I'd still like your advice if you have it to lend). I plan on leaving my beer in the primary for about 10 days, then syphoning to my secondary carboy for about 2 or 3 weeks.

Am I likely to get a FG reading after the 10 days of primary, or should I take a reading for the heck of it, then after the secondary is complete, take a true FG.

Regarding transferring to my bottling bucket, I haven't been able to find info on the the process. Should I just dump my secondary in (since it won't have too much sediment, or is this time to syphon my beer again? I wasn't sure if this would be of much consequence, but I wanted to ask before I get to either point.

Thanks!

You wont know your final gravity until you get the same reading a few days apart. Until this happens, you could very well still have active fermentation happening.

Latest posts

Back