Hygrometers/ Refractometers

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AHammer16

Reaction score
Does any one know whre to find a Hygrometer that is temp. compensated? I work as a Vet. Tech. and we use one for measuring urine Spec. Grav., but the scale on them only goes up to 1.035.

AHammer16 said:
Does any one know whre to find a Hygrometer that is temp. compensated? I work as a Vet. Tech. and we use one for measuring urine Spec. Grav., but the scale on them only goes up to 1.035.

Check you local HBS. Or poke around online.

AHammer16 said:

DOn't know where you live - but Stomp them Grapes ( in Denver CO) has a triple scale hydrometer, with a thermometor in the base.

Kilroy

http://www.homebrewit.com/aisle/3020 Item # 5422

Optical winemaking tool that allows a quick and accurate measurement of the amount of sugar (Brix) in your grapes in the field, helping to determine optimum harvest time. Built out of metal, it offers a rubber grip, comfortable rubber eyepiece, focus adjustment, pipette, calibration screw, and a protective hard vinyl plastic carrying case. Complete instructions with diagrams included. The refractometers are equipped with superior optics, an easy-to-read display, and our 0-32 Brix model has an automatic temperature compensation system - no temperature conversions to worry about! Easy to use and lightweight. Calibrate with distilled water and a small screwdriver (included).

$69.95

Back