Huaco's New Electric Boil Kettle

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Huaco

Reaction score
I picked up a new boil kettle from my LHBS, Texas Brewing Inc. www.txbrewing.com (yes, I work there as a part time job, yes... the shameless plug is over)

2015-01-03%2020.54.18-1%20%28Copy%29.jpg

These are great kettles, I've brewed on them before over flame. I'll be the first customer to convert one to an electric kettle though. I look forward to building this kettle up to include some features I've been thinking about for a while. First of which may be a temporary addition but it's a 3/8" O.D. Stainless whirlpool arm. It's a little non traditional, but the material was free. I plan to add a male cam lock fitting to allow me to attach the return hose to it. It has (3) 14" arms. Up, down and around. I turned the output nozzle in toward the wort a bit in hopes to really get the wort moving.

Overview photo. The lid really fits well with only a small gap.

2015-01-04%2016.45.59%20%28Copy%29.jpg

The Thermometer keeps it all in place. The additional weight of the cam lock connection and hose should help keep assembly in one place.

2015-01-04%2015.58.17%20%28Copy%29.jpg

The output contours the inner radius and will hopefully get the 12 finished gallons of wort spinning enough to cone the stray hop matter that escapes my hop straining basket and more importantly, the cold break together in the center of that nice, flat kettle bottom.

2015-01-04%2015.54.15-1%20%28Copy%29.jpg

Latest posts

Back