How's the 2007 Bigfoot drinkin?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Soulive

Reaction score
I'm thinking about cracking one tonight since its been about one year since I bought it. I've been storing it in mostly proper cellar temps. Anybody know where its at right now?

I might know pretty soon. a friend of mine has some of 07 stored away. I think he's waiting until he can get an 08 to compare it to.

2007 Vintage
Appearance- Poured a dark amber, and brilliantly clear beer with a frothy head that slowly dissipated into a variety of bubbles that eventually left a lace around the perimeter of the goblet.

Smell-Spicy yet sweet smelling hop aroma right on the nose. Flowery essence with a peppery finish

Taste- Slightly sweet with a pronounced dank, pungent, chewy bitterness that lingers on until the alcohol taste pushes it's way forward and says hello. This beer has a huge bite, that goes on and on and on.

Mouthfeel- This is one full bodied bitter beer, with an extraordinary amount of hops to balance the malt on this one. The alcohol just simply invades your mouth combined with a coating of hops to make this a well rounded beer.

Drinkability- Wow! Sierra Nevada has really managed to create a highly drinkable barley wine, that leaves you coming back for more year after year.
It tastes like another.

Serving type: bottle

Reviewed on: 10-01-2007
Does that help?

Glibbidy said:
2007 Vintage
Appearance- Poured a dark amber, and brilliantly clear beer with a frothy head that slowly dissipated into a variety of bubbles that eventually left a lace around the perimeter of the goblet.

Smell-Spicy yet sweet smelling hop aroma right on the nose. Flowery essence with a peppery finish

Taste- Slightly sweet with a pronounced dank, pungent, chewy bitterness that lingers on until the alcohol taste pushes it's way forward and says hello. This beer has a huge bite, that goes on and on and on.

Mouthfeel- This is one full bodied bitter beer, with an extraordinary amount of hops to balance the malt on this one. The alcohol just simply invades your mouth combined with a coating of hops to make this a well rounded beer.

Drinkability- Wow! Sierra Nevada has really managed to create a highly drinkable barley wine, that leaves you coming back for more year after year.
It tastes like another.

Serving type: bottle

Reviewed on: 10-01-2007
Does that help?

Thanks Glibbidy, I'm surprised the hops are still so prevalent. I thought they would've mellowed by now...

You'll be amazed how prevalent the hops will stick with that beer. Best guess the beer I drank was probably 11-12 months old at the time I consumed it. I neglected to check it's born on date on the box.;)

I think Dude had a few bottles of the 2007 lying around. He may have some input on this. IIRC he also had some 05, and 06 as well.

Either way enjoy!

Glibbidy said:
You'll be amazed how prevalent the hops will stick with that beer. Best guess the beer I drank was probably 11-12 months old at the time I consumed it. I neglected to check it's born on date on the box.;)

I think Dude had a few bottles of the 2007 lying around. He may have some input on this. IIRC he also had some 05, and 06 as well.

Either way enjoy!

Well I was looking for some info on how its drinking now, but if the hops were there in October then they'll still be there now. I'll come back and update once I've tasted it tonight...

I hear ya, in the grand scheme of things, two months ain't really gone make that big of a difference. Two years.....well thats' another story.

Sorry, misread that guys. I was thinking he was looking for the info on the Bigfoot released in 2007. Around these parts we don't get Bigfoot until September, which would have made a difference in 1 vs 4 months of aging.

At any rate, glad to hear it's drinking well. I'll head to the liquor store and pick up some bottles.

mrkristofo said:
Sorry, misread that guys. I was thinking he was looking for the info on the Bigfoot released in 2007. Around these parts we don't get Bigfoot until September, which would have made a difference in 1 vs 4 months of aging.

At any rate, glad to hear it's drinking well. I'll head to the liquor store and pick up some bottles.

Geez, thats late! Its the kind of beer though that will be able to withstand sitting on the shelves. Buy it if you see it...

Yeah that is really late. It usually hits the shelves on the east coast Jan-Feb every year. If you see the 2007 PICK SOME UP!
Where is the zion curtain anyway? I thought Utah, but judging from the fact you can get BF on the shelves, I'm thinking no.

:off:
I recently picked up a few bottles of the 2005 & 2006 Three philosphers locally (in VT). Probably bust them out this weekend at the Brewers night out.

You're right, I'm in SLC. "On the shelves" is on the shelves of the liquor store. You can still get full count beer there...if it makes the list.

How much does it go for outside of UT? Here's it's $1.58/bottle.

I have some of this sitting around from this summer when our local liquor store was selling it for $5.99 a six pack. I scored about 4 and am unfortunately down to my last sixer. I had one a few weeks ago and think it's a very drinkable barley wine with a nice hop kick and just enough malt to balance while not being cloying on your pallet. Yummy stuff. ;)

Jekster said:
I have some of this sitting around from this summer when our local liquor store was selling it for $5.99 a six pack. I scored about 4 and am unfortunately down to my last sixer. I had one a few weeks ago and think it's a very drinkable barley wine with a nice hop kick and just enough malt to balance while not being cloying on your pallet. Yummy stuff. ;)

Good to hear. I hate cloying...

I only wish I would have saved some of my 2007. But, it probably would have been jacked up during the move. Definately buying more than one 6 pack of the 2008.

Back