Howdy

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MisterClean

Reaction score
Hi, been lurking here for a few months now, and finally made an account. I guess it would be a good idea to introduce myself.

My name's Nolan. I'm 28, and living in Lake Jackson, Tx, which is a small-ish town about an hour south of Houston. One of my friends got me into brewing after I tried one of his IPAs. I saw how easy it is once you know what to do, and how much fun it could be, not to mention the pride and satisfaction that comes from being able to say "I made that!" So after doing some research for a few months, I finally bit the bullet and ordered a ton of supplies from Austin Homebrew (those guys are great, btw - will definitely be ordering more from them). Ordered their Irish Spring Stout kit, and the Cantankerous Ale kit.

I also decided that bottling looks like a PITA, so I ordered a bunch of keezer parts and a couple of corny's from kegconnection (another great company, need to place another order of corny's soon). The keezer is coming along much more slowly than I thought it would, but it will be great when it's finished. I'll be sure to post in the DIY section once it is.

I started my first beer, the Irish Spring Stout last Wednesday with my dad. It's sitting in the fermentation chamber, and looks great so far. In another week or so I'll start checking the FG, and get ready to keg. Pretty excited about my first brew. Actually I'm so excited I really want to buy another carboy so I can start cycling batches. So much beer, so little time :\

Aside from my new beer making hobby, I also like to go wheeling in my jeep, kayaking on the Guadalupe, fishing in the gulf, and building home theater stuff.

Anyway, just wanted to say hi, and thanks to everyone here for all the great information and knowledge that's here. I've learned quite a bit already just from reading these boards, and can't wait to learn more.

Welcome! No doubt that this site is a great resource. I used to have a 91 YJ... I miss it so! Happy brewing

Back