Howdy

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DarkMerosier

Reaction score
I figured it was time to give a hello to everyone out there, since I've been lurking these forums for a while new gathering as much info as possible. Just brewed my second batch (an IPA) this past Thursday with another member on here, Ghost1220. After the lid blew off the bucket and I came rushing to these forums to see what to do (sorry, no photos. It wasn't a huge mess anyway!) I installed a blow off tube, which immediately went to work and is roaring away. I'll be praying to the beer gods for no contamination, and that the beer is a-ok. Here's to trying to be an active member, and make some killer brews. (and maybe learn enough to help some others out too!)

Are there any signs I should look for when we get to the bottling phase to see if it may be contaminated? Color, smell, etc?

If a hand flies out from the bottom of the bucket and tries to choke you, you should probably still go ahead and bottle it.

Back