Howdy!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Welcome - I'm sure you'll do just fine. Even with multiple errors, your beer should turn out better than a Mr. Beer kit.

If you have questions before or during your first brew there are often many here who are on the forum at any given time and might be able to assist you if you run into any problems. Have fun with it and welcome to forum and the hobby.
runhard

Yes, I've done some reading, but I'm still such a noob.

No offense to any one who is using the Mr. Beer, but I just didn't have a lick of luck with it. The color was great. It looks wonderful (except no head), but oh the smell, and taste is a real let down. No head, no carbonation, it basically tastes like watered down syrup with very little carbonation. I don't know for sure what went wrong. If the seal on the bottles was bad (Used some used grolsh style bottles), the yeast was bad, Mr. Beer, all the above, or what exactly went wrong. It took over two weeks and still had a sweet smell, but I guess it had really cleared up in the last couple of days. I didn't really want to let it sit on top of the yeast much longer, so I bottled. I waited a week and a half, and blah... Just disappointing. I did use table sugar for carbonation, but I didn't have any better options. Is corn sugar a better option, or would I be better off going with a DME?

Latest posts

Back