Howdy from South Cackilacky

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BobOscarBob

Reaction score
Hello for Columbia, SC!

Happened across this site after googling for MLT ideas - awesome site! Ended up following FlyGuy's cheap and easy - I think with the CPVC manifold I came out ~$50 (got the cooler on EBay for $22). Might have been less - but I got extra parts. Always seem to end up with those...

I was thinking about trying AG, but I'll have to give HBT credit for pushing me all the way over to the AG side...all the info is here - I don't think I can go wrong. Make mistakes - heck yes but can't go wrong! :D

I'm retired Army, and I've been brewing extract since '92, thanks to a 1LT in my battalion. Currently I have an IPA in secondary and a Marzen conditioning in bottles...and after 16 years or so I'm finally getting lazy enough to move to kegs - I never was a fan of washing and sanitizing 50+ bottles - or even the 30+ when I moved to 22 oz. I'm looking at 2 chest freezers this week - $50 apiece (only getting one) and will follow the tons of advice on here for making my own keezer. Gotta make sure CINCFAM (SWMBO) is happy...and hide the receipts...

Love the site - hope to one day have input. For the time being I'll stay in Electrolux mode... Now I just need to decide whether to try my first AG next or get a carboy from my pop-in-law and get some of Ed Wort's Apfelwein started...

(in case anyone's wondering 'd20636? WTH?' - used to skydive - it's my license - and something even my few remaining braincells can hold on to...)

Bob

Welcome to the forums Bob!

Flyguy's write up was very good, makes hunting all the parts down super easy. I also love Marzens, did you brew that up last fall?

No, just bottled almost 3 weeks ago - but still made it with plenty of time to spare. St George is in April? Going to try to hold on to most of it until late September - we normally hold an Oktoberfest get-together at my father-in-law's house and I'd like to share some then.

I'm a big fan of Marzens, Dunkels, and anything Weizen (prefer hefe to kristall!). Reading your sig makes me want to get something else in a primary now - namely a Dunkelweizen!

Back