howdy from richmond

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

goatfish

Reaction score
Hello all, just wanted to say what's up to all the zymurgists in the house. I am a new member from Richmond VA, the river city. I have been brewing for three years non-stop and have produced over 25 different beers, some of my favorites: Dark Steer's Toucus, a porter made with cherries and vanilla; my latest, Old Sloshingbrown, a brown ale made with hemp (not pot, hemp); and my all time favorite, a recipe I never came up with a good name for that I brewed with vanilla and lots, and I mean lots of espresso beans. I will do my best to keep up with the site and contribute where I feel I can, I am willing to answer any questions I can and can give advice on different flavor combos that have worked for me and ones that havent ( I plan on starting a new chat about just that). Cheers...

Welcome!

I actually just brewed for the first time using espresso beans as well. You can see in my sig..but I did a chocolate-nut-espresso porter. For me the coffee flavor was a bit much this time around. But I did like the "piercing" flavor it produced in the beer. Just next time I experiment with them I'm going to use less.

Beer turned out great and has been well received! So all is well!

Again welcome and lots of great info and people here.

Welcome to the forum. Do you extract or All grain?

In the middle of brewing a roggen right now. Sach rest should be finished in about 5 mins.. Should probably get back outside and get ready to sparge..

Hey here from Richmond as well! You ever hear of the James River Homebrewers? They're having a meeting this week, Wednesday at 6:30 at Legend Brewery.

Dennys Fine Consumptibles said:
Welcome to the forum. Do youextract or All grain?

In the middle of brewing a roggen right now. Sach rest should be finished in about 5 mins.. Should probably get back outside and get reday to sparge..
Depends on the recipe but generally I try tu use all grains, it produces a more personalized taste. Extracts can taste very generic but have good applications as bases to build on.

Welcome, I live down in Chester and am also a member of James River Homebrewers. Look forward to seeing you on the boards. :mug:

Back