Howdy from Manhattan, Kansas

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WollenBrew

Reaction score
Just saying hi. Enjoying having the brew bug and am waiting on my Scottish Wee Heavy and Mild Ale to be delivered (approx. date should be this Thursday). This forum is the best I've seen and I've relaxed immensely after reading some of the advice and stories here. I brewed my first couple of beers a few weeks ago and bottled one of them last Thurs, then put the other in my secondary. Looking forward to brewing again on this Thursday and have been spending my visitation with my son having him help me brew. He seems to enjoy it and since I'm now married to an amazing teacher/librarian and yes she is wicked hot, I try to include some math and chemistry into the whole deal (pretty easy to do considering). :)

Anyway, thanks for this forum. It rocks!:rockin:

So far, Northernbrewer.com. I've been looking at some kits from Austin and Midwest, though, but I keep going back to Northern because it seems the most reasonable in price and the kits are really straight forward.

Agreed... I buy almost exclusively from them lately... They have great shipping times and I've never had any shenanigans with any missing items...

Welcome on board.. I would be interested to know how your first brew tasted?

@Craigster - so far so good. The Nukey Brown tastes like New Castle, flat and warm atm. However, I have high hopes for once it's carbonated and cold. The 80 Shilling has a nice malt flavor with very subtle hops and a touch of citrus aroma and last night when I took a specific gravity, I noticed a very slight nut flavor in the after taste. It's obviously still flat and warm, too, but I will be bottling it late tonight. Thanks for the welcome!

Back